It would be possible if it was what is wanted.

September 26, 2013 09:15AM
We would have anonymous posting in Log Board if Gabe wanted such replies to be possible. It was discussed some years ago when the forum was new and the decision seemed to be that we're better off without anonymous log commentary. Gabe has cracked down people abusing anonymous posting to make such commentary or responses.

I'll also point out that your new account alternative is against rule 4a. Posting as active character here is not allowed.

The rules seem pretty consistent about this. I dunno if people want anonymity in general in Log board or this suggestion, but I can see the OP abusing it while other characters in the log still having to STFU, so it's everyone's anon replies or no-ones in my opinion. I can see how such anonymity could be good for discussions with active characters, but I can also see how it could be ruined with asshattery. I'm not against it if we have option to ban the asshats. We could make Enforcement Log a VIPs see only board so that the people in question wouldn't get outed to everyone.
Subject Author Posted

Log board request: Would it be possible to allow the OP to respond to his own thread annonymously?

RiderOfStorms September 25, 2013 10:52AM

Don't be a pussy. Accept all the hate. It's a learned trait. NT

Sam September 27, 2013 12:04PM

Use some foresight and place any necessary explanatory commentary to the log when you post it.

DurNominator September 26, 2013 11:03PM

People always gave me shit for my comments :( NT

Sam September 27, 2013 12:05PM

It's ok guys, just read the future and answer the questions before they are asked. (n/t)

Matrik September 27, 2013 07:32AM

This is just a guess, but I think the answer from every VIP would be something like FFUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKK NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, but thanks for the suggestion. (n/t)

Frosty September 26, 2013 05:38PM

Ugh. Don't want to see this.

wrathpuppet September 26, 2013 09:51AM

It would be possible if it was what is wanted.

DurNominator September 26, 2013 09:15AM

Or you could just make it so that there is no logs of active chars ever. (n/t)

Matrik September 26, 2013 09:45AM

I'm with you

RiderOfStorms September 26, 2013 12:02PM

That's not how we roll in here. (n/t)

DurNominator September 26, 2013 10:11AM

An object in motion, stays in motion. Unless acted on by an outside force.

Matrik September 26, 2013 11:47AM

Sounds like a great way to character assassinate yourself.

Srev September 26, 2013 08:52AM

That's the risk you took by posting in the first place.

RiderOfStorms September 26, 2013 11:41AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 95
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022