On Empowerment

November 01, 2007 06:46AM
> I enjoy playing empowerment characters. <br> <br>Empowerment characters are the only ones I typically bother with playing past 20. The reasoning is I'm actually forced to think out a role and follow it. I almost prefer to go the "No God" route with priests because then anyone with the ability to empower can. It's harder to pull off sometimes, but I've yet to pray for 24 hours straight with no response going that route. The other side to that coin is if I follow Daevryn (for example) then I'm at the mercy of Daevryn being on to grant me goodies. The up side is that if I'm a good little follower I can get Daevryn's tat, and all the nifty things that go with that. I'm also more prone to being snooped by Daevryn and given bonuses for impromptu rp that fit his religion. <br> <br>Godless priests aren't as likely to get imm love in this regards. The reasoning is simple. Daevryn knows your rp is consistent with his religion. Imm X watches you out of boredom or curiosity and you do something that may or may not be consistent with your chosen religion. Imm X has no way of knowing your interpretation of your religion. Here, role is critical. Remember, not all role has to be IC, and character note chapters can be critical to helping people understand just what the hell you're trying to do. <br> <br>The key to any empowerment class is to follow a religion religiously. The religions available make it easier to do this, but that doesn't mean you can't make up your own. It does mean you have to follow it religiously. Overall, I feel like the empowerment system is working. I've yet to experience a character that wasn't empowered before lvl 10 since I started playing primarily empowerment classes. Your role doesn't have to be Lyceum worthy (sure it helps) but it does have to get the point across. <br> <br>In my God days I wasn't too hard on empowement be the character my follower or not. Empowerment was easy to get from me, but harder to keep if you fell out of what I felt being a priest of mine involved. Either way role was critical in one way or another. The better I could understand where your character was coming from by the role, the easier empowerment was for the follower. The other side to that, if you didn't have a role, prayed from the guild, and had a crap description chances were I wasn't talking to you to begin with. <br> <br>As far as strength of empowerment classes goes. Most of the empowerment classes are hard to beat in one on one combat. All have great utility built in. Paladins *can* be right nasty sick with the (god I don't remember what these are called) faiths. The faith stuff can be rewards for good rp, so it's possible to have all six of them. Healer is probably the easiest thing to level/explore with in the game. Everybody want's you with them. A neutral uncaballed healer could feasibly hero in under 60 hours. Shamans and druids in the right hands are damn scary. Shaman moreso because they can squash you anywhere. Druids unforunately are a class with a massive learning curve attached to it, but probably the most utility oriented empowerment class. Of the four my personal preference is healer then druid then shaman, and I've yet to play a pally (on my to do list).
Subject Author Views Posted

Thoughts and opinions on Empowerment characters?

_Magus_ 339 October 31, 2007 04:05PM

I've never tried it, but...

YourMom 231 October 31, 2007 06:21PM

It's workable

Llohuir 208 October 31, 2007 06:24PM

Re: Thoughts and opinions on Empowerment characters?

A2 186 October 31, 2007 06:52PM

Seems you think all like me about this...

Dervish 205 October 31, 2007 09:42PM

On Empowerment

The_Pope 222 November 01, 2007 06:46AM

Awesome responses. Thanks. ~

_Magus_ 197 November 01, 2007 07:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024