Talking about other chars. Do you do it, and where?

November 01, 2007 01:29AM
Something that has always puzzled me is the lack of goodbyes on the <br>official page. The norm is that a player with say a hundred hours of game <br>time gets zero feedback. <br> <br>So, you out there. Don't you comment, because you just don't care. <br>Or have you already exhausted whatever you wanted to say in other <br>fora? <br> <br>My only forum (in the broader sense) for talking about the game in an OOC <br>manner is Dioxide and the graveyard on the official page. I like to hear <br>and offer commentaries on builds, RP and experiences in the game. So I <br>usually chime in on any BF-thread where I have interacted with the <br>character in more than passing. <br> <br> <br>Some examples of fora: <br>a) CF itself. Of course, you can say most of what you want (praise, <br>contempt, constructive advice) directly in the game. But often, roles <br>and the nature of RP puts some natural limits on this. <br> <br>b) On IRC/AIM/whatever. I don't think I have ever tried this. <br> <br>c) Email. <br> <br>d) Dioxide and the official BF. <br> <br>e) In person. 10 years ago, this would have been a college game. Three guys <br>sitting in a lab offers an excellent place to exchange experiences in <br>person. Now, I have a feeling, that at least a third of the players are <br>people who played the game in college say at least five years hence. Some <br>of these might still talk CF to each other from time to time. <br>
Subject Author Views Posted

Talking about other chars. Do you do it, and where?

Drokk 320 November 01, 2007 01:29AM

I don't comment because

Kamuela 187 November 01, 2007 02:01AM

I haven't in a while because...

Cointreau 207 November 01, 2007 02:24AM

Battlefield goodbyes, seem all for the caballed, imms included - txt

Callowin 214 November 01, 2007 04:42AM

I tend to comment on officials

Daurwyn 207 November 01, 2007 06:35AM

My characters tend to be short lived - 80 to 120 hours.

ExPaladin 207 November 01, 2007 07:47AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024