There is no best. It's all up to preference.

January 14, 2014 03:09AM
Can be a tough decision. Depends on what you value most. You mentioned exploration, group benefit and survivability, so lets take a look at those three.

For exploration I would suggest healer or bard. The healer offer better survivability for solo and group exploration but the bard offer more utility. The ability to calm down aggro mobs and put groups of mobs to sleep can be quite handy. Also, if you ever end up in a group where your healing isnt desperately needed, the bard can deal some decent damage.

For group benefit, the transmuter is looking quite good. They can turn a decent tank into a great tank and help turn tough mobs into harmless puppies. But they need to wary against mobs that use breath attacks since they cant offer their group extra damage reduction. If you just want to help a group bring down a tough mob quickly, transmuter is the way to go.

Survivability. Here the healer shine. It is hard to compete with sanctuary. The other two classes can offer some extra nice things through the use of talismans which is not something to sneeze at but as a whole the healer gets the job done.

If you take other things into consideration, such as leveling and pk, my vote would go for the bard. With parry, dodge and shield block, they make pretty good tanks. When they get acapella they can even heal themselves while tanking without having to switch to an instrument if it becomes necessary. The ability to put groups to sleep is handy even here, for pk situations or when you try to rank on mobs that tend to bunch up. They wont be as good solo pkers as the transmuter though, but also have less natural enemies so if you dont aim for pk, the bard is the safer bet. And to top it off, the bard doesnt need empowerment like the healer does. That alone makes it the better choice imo.
Subject Author Posted

Support Class at Hero

michaeln January 13, 2014 03:50PM

Bard for group vs group fights, healer for exploring, transmuter for independence (not reliant on allies)~ (n/t)

vortexmagus January 14, 2014 04:33AM

There is no best. It's all up to preference.

Darbhi January 14, 2014 03:09AM

Healer for Explore.

SomeOneSpecial January 14, 2014 02:22AM

Everyone loves a bard in Battle. (n/t)

subov January 13, 2014 04:07PM

Bard, healer, invoker, transmuter, paladin (n/t)

Matrik January 13, 2014 04:06PM

Healer will generally always make the biggest difference. (n/t)

tesline January 13, 2014 03:54PM

No way. Transmuter will make the biggest difference...

Death_Claw January 13, 2014 05:34PM

Re: No way. Transmuter will make the biggest difference...

michaeln January 14, 2014 08:14PM

Bards are probably easier than a transmuter to play

zannon January 15, 2014 04:03AM

I'm not hip with the kids' acronyms these days. "DPS"?? (n/t)

rathamon January 13, 2014 09:07PM

Damage per second I believe.

legobelt January 13, 2014 10:20PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 145
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 150 April 28, 2024