Depends.

February 03, 2014 03:56AM
If you have wands, it can be good because of bleeding, 1/3-1/5 chance of disarm (Can work when they don't expect disarm from a shifter - and most people don't notice unless they have a trigger to prog +++DISARMED+++ or something) and the pounce. If you don't have wands, most any melee build will rape your face. If you have a regen form, it's great for wearing down an enemy and hoping that pounce/bleeding gets them. If you don't have a regen form, you'd better hope you have a half decent form for your other that can wear them down (Like pachyderm) and then use the tiger to try and seal the kill.

I've had a few tigers now, and I'm always excited at first, and then disappointed. I'd rather have any other form aside from the jaguar (because I don't like being tied to one terrain) - but it's a toss up between jaguar and tiger for me.

It's melee is less impressive than a lot of the others because rake > bite all the time - bite = no lag, and 1/3 chance of bleeding (ish) Rake = 1.x (less than trip by a few pulses for sure) lag and good damage. Trample = some lag + damage and is better than bite, and pretty much every single other skill that comes with other offense forms will do better than the ones the jaguar has. Tendonslash is *USELESS* because it hardly ever lands and does damage to you no matter what - if the warrior has high DR you just likely wasted two rounds of lag and hurt yourself.

Dodges worse than some, but has no dam redux to counter for it's mediocre dodging. Lion dodges worse, but out damages the tiger a fair bit.

Forms in order that I like them:

Alligator (Still haven't had one yet, so I may be projecting, but it has regen, water, and great damage)
Rhino (amazeballs - impale, trample for lag, decent deflection (with edge), and great dam redux - I had this with a regen defense form and hardly ever used wands because it just kicked ass six ways to sunday)

Lion - Rake is teh shiznit - crappy dodge, but with wands pretty much nobody will out damage you.
grizzly - Dam redux and rake, but no dodge - not as much dam redux as the rhino, but furor that sometimes does more damage than a Rake. Never did much for me, but ymmv
wolverine - Only had this once, and don't remember much aside from rake = lots of fun against unprepped peeps.

dire wolf - trip was situationally amazing for an offense shifter to have. Actual ability to lag if they weren't flying. Forestblend, and pounce in forests. Great form if you plan on being in the woods, or fighting ragers who won't be able to fly
Ram - Only had pre-change Ram, but I think weaponbreak would be teh shiznit. Down here because I haven't had one since changes.

tiger - The only redeeming characteristic of this form is that with wands, you can tank well enough that pounce can present a problem for your enemies. Without wands the only people you'd make run were non-prepped or non-melee chars in my experience.
jaguar - Had one pre changes and hated it, but haven't had once since, so it may have been tweaked enough to make the ambush worth it.
Subject Author Posted

Tiger

stlucian2debone February 03, 2014 01:36AM

Depends on what your goal is?

Sam February 03, 2014 08:00PM

tiger is a keeper for most people

Quas February 03, 2014 10:40AM

Depends.

(vಠ_ಠ)> AngryFatKid February 03, 2014 03:56AM

Who doesn't have their wands these days?

Death_Claw February 03, 2014 09:21AM

Still plenty to be found as I failed twice to get my black with Nighden despite knowing a fair few. (n/t)

abernyte February 03, 2014 10:37AM

I don't

Elystan February 03, 2014 09:52AM

You are an Imperial AP. Pay a Shadow or Divine Sect to walk around with you. (n/t)

dubs February 04, 2014 09:58AM

For once I'm not. Hence why there is no Dreadlord right now (n/t)

Elystan February 04, 2014 10:26AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024