I think they need to reworks some of their current classes rather than bring in a whole new one

March 19, 2014 09:45AM
Looks more or less like they are working on actually balancing the classes. Which imo is a good thing, I know not everyone agrees but there is a lot more to balance than how well a class can fight straight fights. Take the transmuter class for example, a lot of people think its just fine while others think it is way op. Imo for what should be a support class that has the ability to make his whole cabal/pets and minions even out of range ones really powerful. They score way to high in other places at the same time.

I'm not saying transmuter is easy streat at all, but a lot of their own downfalls are covered by their other abilities making them super strong solo along with making all alies stronger too. My biggest problems with them in terms of game balance isn't really how strong they are in a staight fight when they have all buffs up. It is that they have the abiltiy to have all of that for every fight they pick. A lot of people think this is countered by the mana cost and the number of preps they have to keep up. That would be true if it were any other class, but transmuters get duo, which is what really makes them op.

They don't actually need to keep anything up when running around in god mode, they find their targets step out of the area and pop back out of god mode then prep up all that stuff. They will then have plenty of fully prepped time to take a shot at someone in near god mode. I call duo god mode because even if you can see them you can't hit them, even if you guess where they are standing and blast off an area spell nothing happens they stay duo. It just doesn't have enough counter play for it to be legit. Like any stealth class it supposed to be your job to stay out of common places that people will randomly hit area spells and keep them guessing not just stand there and laugh.

In these cases where you screw up and get caught it should make you pay with huge damage for hitting you when your flat as paper. Wouldn't change how they fight out of duo but brings in some kind of counter play. Just like assassins and thieves have to pay for getting caught while stalking their prey or have a lot of places they can't use their stealth, and some places you just have to play smart to move through places you can't hide to other places you can unoticed.
Subject Author Posted

Is anyone else jumping around with excitement and interested in the enchanter class that the imms have been working on for ages?

Frosty March 19, 2014 08:51AM

No one remembers that Chronomancer I had.

The Faithful of Nazmorghul(VIP) March 21, 2014 12:42PM

butthole (n/t)

Doof March 21, 2014 05:15PM

Another Scarab project..

Wendigotorn March 19, 2014 10:42AM

I lie to myself every month that he is almost ready to re-open it. I hope I only think I'm lieing to myself, and one of these days the stars align just enough to open that place up again. (n/t)

Frosty March 19, 2014 10:49AM

I think they need to reworks some of their current classes rather than bring in a whole new one

xrajck March 19, 2014 09:45AM

Transmuters are fine.

Death_Claw March 20, 2014 04:08AM

Doesn't faerie fog and similar bring them out of duo, though? (n/t)

Calion March 19, 2014 11:40AM

It's not as easy as it looks.

wrathpuppet March 19, 2014 10:00AM

Don't agree

daurwyn(VIP) March 20, 2014 06:28AM

They're not hard but countering them isn't really that hard either.

Death_Claw March 20, 2014 04:00AM

Meh. It's actually easier than you think. Only issue is you have to pay attention all the time (much like an AP or necro would play, I'd imagine). NT

Sam March 19, 2014 02:34PM

I roll the streets after dark killing trannies all the time. They don't put up much of a fight if you hit them with something blunt over the head first. (n/t)

Anti-Hero March 19, 2014 11:00AM

How do you keep missing Wendigotorn? (n/t)

tesline March 19, 2014 11:44AM

Does he have a tiny head? (n/t)

Doof March 20, 2014 02:17PM

This pretty much sums it up.

Wendigotorn March 19, 2014 10:50AM

Seek help. (n/t)

wrathpuppet March 19, 2014 11:22AM

This pretty much sums it up.

Wendigotorn March 19, 2014 10:50AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 35
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024