Felar RP 101

May 01, 2014 09:49PM
Mannerisms:
Show the use of all senses. Humans mostly rely on vision. As a felar all of your senses are keener, so perk your ears when you listen and sniff at new things you see.
For cats, touch is a sign of great trust. Only ever use close-contact socials on someone you consider a close friend. If a stranger pats you on your head, offers you a hand or someshit, hiss at them. Don't speak of it; it shouldn't be a conscious thought for your character.
Remember that cats like to be clean, so your character might spend time grooming or picking out fleas. Use socials like pawpreen or groom, or some custom emote.
You have claws, incorporate them in your emotes as well.
Be bad at hiding your emotions -- your tail and ears will betray you if you're anxious or overjoyed. Stoic, emotionless felar are nonsense! Well, unless you truly don't feel anything (perhaps assassins get an excuse when in martial trance).
Generally, you are a being of instinct. If you are chaotic, be impulsive. If you are orderly, then be hidebound. Either way, careful analysis is not the first thing you do when solving problems.

Speech:
Pronouns are typically not used in felar language, so unless you are roleplaying a very educated felar who speaks common extremely well, don't use them. This includes speaking of yourself (use your name instead) and inventing nicknames if you don't "know" someone else's proper name.
Intersperse your speech with cat sounds (hiss, purr or even meow). Especially if you are anxious or worried.
Optionally, use words from the felar vocabulary found in the lyceum. I recommend only doing that sparingly, though.

Society:
See the helpfile. It explains quite nicely why felar are not suited for religion and why they mostly don't trust magic. Otherwise, you fit quite well anywhere, it's going to depend on your character's upbringing too much for me to be able to give any coherent advice.

Other:
Be lazy. Cats, like all predators, are lazy.
Be curious. That proverb about cats and curiosity exists for a reason.
For laughs, when you get out of water, vigorously shake yourself dry, incidentally showering everyone nearby.
Subject Author Posted

Are there any races/classes that you just have a hard time roleplaying?

Doof May 01, 2014 03:43PM

That is like asking Special Olympic athletes if there is any sport they have a hard time with. (n/t)

Borkahd May 04, 2014 01:38PM

definitely giants

morocco May 02, 2014 03:14PM

Drow. I'm too mellow.

Murphy May 01, 2014 08:57PM

Sloth (n/t)

Matrik May 02, 2014 12:36PM

Don't be such a melodrowmatic. (n/t)

Frosty May 01, 2014 10:37PM

Paladin. Every paladin I've every attempted made me feel like I was in the movie Office Space.

Frosty May 01, 2014 08:42PM

esay meekly Have you theen my Defianthe? (n/t)

wrathpuppet May 02, 2014 01:44PM

Elves. I am not snooty enough (n/t)

hopelessdwarf May 01, 2014 08:41PM

Arial.

Death_Claw May 01, 2014 06:05PM

Arial and Felar

Matrik May 01, 2014 04:42PM

Felar RP 101

Murphy May 01, 2014 09:49PM

Good stuff. Thanks. nt

K-B May 02, 2014 07:29AM

Yep. Everything else has relatively well-defined archtypes to play off. NT

Sam May 01, 2014 09:06PM

Get a pet bird or cat

HairyOrangutan May 01, 2014 04:44PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 100
Record Number of Users: 3 May 21, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024