+2 nt

August 29, 2014 10:44AM
Little more sober now. This change really shouldn't impair imperials in my opinion. There are reasonable ways to collect reasonable amounts of gold at every level and I'd be happy to show any one IC. They take modest time investment but you can net around 100 every real time hour. Imperial donations aren't that much so reasonably any character can spend a couple hours RL and have enough to be mechanically elite. So I pass on this aspect of the bitxh fit.

That said. My evolution of thieves goes a long way back. When we were thugs who would bind your legs and get cheap sh. s in between our backstabs. Before paths. I have played every combo of thief extensively, excluding trappers after knocking myself out on eastern for ten hours. So these are my opinions based on that experience. Shanta, Charlee, Rockeano, Messervy, so so many others.

Poisoners were extremely flawed in the implementation from the on set. They are extremely buggy and that has been a problem for the staff since creation. Not an offensive statement but a truthful one. Back when I made the king of blindenstone power word himself at rank 35 without a scratch to me I was convinced. That said I believe NEP did worse with his emperor and I pick up my experiences after that original Nerf after his character died. Then changes were made to make suggest toned down and seclude more commands you could use while suggesting. (ie hit drink suicide cb). All reasonable changes. The seantryn thing had been reviewed and left as it was. I know it was blatantly exploited but I had always assumed the big Z (amen) left it as it was to offset the huge Nerf he implemented. That Nerf made suggest and mind control a trick pony skill and no longer a broad versitile option. That single allowance made it reasonable to collect 500 gold in a RL hour plus or minus RNG. Currently changes are being made to restrict suggest even more in addition to taking away this source of gold and all other thief inspired sources. The most expensive path thief path left to gathering moderate quantities of coin.

Let's compare some rough numbers. Lets say it costs 1 gold for you to attempt to make knockout. 2 gold for fear, 3 gold for mind, and 2 for neuro. Let's also say emetic is free but it costs 1 RL minute for each. Consider the math on time and gold to come close to skill mastery. A well versed poison path will require at least 2000 gold to be moderate, nothing above 90% aside concoct, and some RL spam time in seclusion. Now that you have that out of the way. A sack of poison preps is going to cost you about 150 gold for 20 knock outs, 15 fears, 15 mind, 10 neuro +/-. This sack will not last long either.

To me 1000 gold is enough gold to last any character a lifetime, imperials included. A poisoner with a 1000 gold is 2 good logins.
Subject Author Posted

I love this game and all the work the Imms do. That being said, the chest change was an all around baaaaaaaad idea. ES-FAWKING-PECIALLY if "the gambler has bills to pay." (n/t)

Frosty August 28, 2014 06:25AM

The short-sightedness and pettiness of this community never ceases to amaze me.

Matrik August 29, 2014 04:47AM

I'll never understand you in-breed folk.

Frosty August 29, 2014 04:59AM

Well, maybe Dennis can fuck the girl and we can escape. I mean, look at his abs. NT

Sam August 29, 2014 08:32AM

boom (n/t)

Frosty August 29, 2014 08:37AM

Do you let sitcoms do all your thinking for you? (n/t)

Matrik August 29, 2014 05:06AM

What's a sitcom? Is that like a cartoon?

Frosty August 29, 2014 05:29AM

There's a time you got to go and show you're growin' now, you know about...

wrathpuppet August 29, 2014 05:09AM

Grower or shower? (n/t)

HairyOrangutan August 29, 2014 05:54AM

I just don't see the point.

Rhyaldrin August 29, 2014 01:33AM

While we are at it, we could add requirements for bowels and bladders.

Quixotic August 28, 2014 07:26PM

I think this is a great idea.

wrathpuppet August 29, 2014 05:12AM

I'm picturing Bards, and beer shits. Extra lag. nt

Stormcloak August 29, 2014 09:21AM

+2. (n/t)

The Faithful of Nazmorghul(VIP) August 29, 2014 08:45PM

-CHR and the need to get your armor/leggings cleaned at the clothing shop. (n/t)

Doof August 29, 2014 07:25AM

I'm a little confused by this one. What does the change have to do with realism? (n/t)

Matrik August 29, 2014 04:55AM

I'm a fan. (n/t)

Doof August 28, 2014 10:49PM

I'm going to call bullshit if he doesn't change the code for the chest of inhebriation, everfull skin, and the glass decanter.

Demtok August 28, 2014 06:25PM

+5 nt

deathkitty August 28, 2014 03:33PM

+2 nt

deathkitty August 29, 2014 10:44AM

Concur.....

Zruulg August 28, 2014 11:11AM

FROSTY NOT YOU TOO!

sevriis August 28, 2014 11:05AM

We should all start feeding every imperial bloodoath with coin then the problem would be solved. (n/t)

uerlante August 28, 2014 05:16PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024