Advice.

October 28, 2015 08:24AM
If you're planning on a shifter then you should begin by prioritizing HP for survivability. Ensure that your natural wisdom (out of form) is high enough that you can get max practice sessions when ranking in form because the check goes off of unmodified, natural wisdom. Mana is an afterthought, it'll come on much of the gear you're looking for anyway.

Prior to gaining a form you should look for wands, talismans, or one of the marble pieces (ask about them in game), so you can cause damage. Also, I suggest picking 1 defense spell, scales of the croc, hide of rhino, chitin of crab, working on only one because they are prerequisites for an edge respective to each. Pick 1 offense skill, claws of lion, horns of bull, fangs, and practice it to augment your melee. The reason I suggest picking only one is that saving practices to convert for trains can be handy.

The general strategy of prioritizing HP works until your mid 20's, give or take, because most people don't have a lot of ability to hamper your str or dex. As you go higher try to keep HP in mind but it isn't bad to sacrifice a little hp for +1 or +2 to your stats and or saves if you're fighting casters.

Lastly, about hit/dam. There are numerous spells and skills that can enhance them but in most situations the affect takes some effort to begin seeing noticeable results. You can add Beastial Fury or Relentlessness of the Jaguar or Brutality of the Shark, offense/water greater enlivens to boost your damage or hitting, you can use frenzy, chest beat (certain forms), war dance (certain forms), dragon's strength, ferocity, berserk (with a certain item), blood frenzy if you have certain forms, battaglia and canticle of the gods if you're with a bard, arestia if with a shaman, accuracy, bless, enrage (certain cabal/align) and maybe a few more. Some of these can be stacked with one another. I've seen some forms raise as much as 2 damage nouns on their peak damage if they're using many of these things combined but in most situations it isn't worth it.
Subject Author Posted

Does hit and dam roll matter on a shifter, thinking about rolling one

uerlante October 28, 2015 05:29AM

Good, there's a shortage of shifters right now. Txt

Isildur(VIP) October 28, 2015 08:45AM

I've found one of my rods, it was in an easy spot, but after I died it wast there again, and it was saying there was one in another place, do they rotate, or are they always in different spots now, I remember they used to be in the same places last I pla (n/t)

uerlante October 28, 2015 10:55AM

also, can't get rods as a ghost. nt

The Forsaken(VIP) October 28, 2015 12:49PM

Re: I've found one of my rods, it was in an easy spot, but after I died it wast there again, and it was saying there was one in another place, do they rotate, or are they always in different spots now, I remember they used to be in the same places last I

demos October 28, 2015 11:15AM

Advice.

SomeOneSpecial October 28, 2015 08:24AM

Not from gear. Some very few spells/affects can carry over though or be cast on your while in form.

KoeKhaos October 28, 2015 05:35AM

Ignite for one, probably. Has anyone tried eating catnip with a feline form? (n/t)

zen October 28, 2015 05:42AM

Someone mentioned last couple days that it does not work for them. (n/t)

KoeKhaos October 28, 2015 05:50AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024