Having played 2 savages here is a breakdown:

May 12, 2016 10:44AM
I played Hakdu (cloud giant) and Raeth (felar)

NO METAL - EVER. Even a metal ring will make you fail camo (which there is no echo for failing) also it will make you fail to creep etc. The penalties for ANY metal gear are severe. Always natural materials.

The savage ambush bonus applies to onslaught. Onslaught ambushes are further boosted by using a spear - I highly recommend using a spear.

When it comes to ambush, you care about weapon average damage more than anything else. Damroll is just icing. Ambush amplifies the dmg average and damroll is added after afaik

Smearmud - remove all your gear, smear mud and then wear it all again. It only checks what you are wearing at the time of smearing mud, and not after (likely to be changed after me posting this - potentially it already was).

Skills smear mud gives you huge protection (evade style) to:

Kotegaishi
Kansetsuwaza
Bash
Strangle
Bearcharge
Assassin Kicks (certain ones definitely, maybe all)
Throw
I think it helped me vs entwine once - would need to verify
Lash

must have edges:
LODESTONE LIGHTNING - this is your bread and butter across all builds. Your whole build will revolve around burst damage, being able to hit an annih/errad lightning bolt after an unspeak ambush is awesome.
X hatred (I always go with human, while the most expensive it also boosts your dmg vs all halfbreeds)

if human (roll strength not dex):
Ambush Focus
Power Ambush
hatred edge

Felar - do what you want. I'd not take deft ambush again.
Subject Author Posted

savage

demos May 12, 2016 09:47AM

Having played 2 savages here is a breakdown:

Nurok May 12, 2016 10:44AM

Good advice. Also worth noting that savageblow was horribly nerfed for felar/low str builds.

Rhyaldrin May 12, 2016 02:25PM

It was horribly nerfed for all builds...

Zruulg May 12, 2016 02:38PM

That's brutal.

Rhyaldrin May 12, 2016 03:26PM

It's a str vs target dex check

Nurok May 13, 2016 01:59AM

So it shines most in giant-on-giant action. (n/t)

Murphy May 13, 2016 02:11AM

I want to say that when Valg made a bunch of changes to certain things, that's when the nerf happened.

Sam May 12, 2016 04:06PM

Curious

Spronti May 12, 2016 01:21PM

Wood elf also gets enhanced call lightning

Kstatida May 15, 2016 11:01PM

Wearing even a single piece of gear/weapon made of metal will start to affect your ambush damage and skill success negatively.

Frosty May 12, 2016 10:04AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 99
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024