The answer is: There are steps YOU can take toward it, that would highly motivate those in higher places to get a system in that will search it for you! Just look it up...

December 04, 2007 01:12PM
I wanted to see how much I could actually get into a posting title.

The answer is, if you check the item area of the wiki it's all got to be converted into a standardised format. The new version has handy little bars (like this: ||) that can be used by any search engine to define different item property fields better than the spaces and occasional commas would. The handy side effect of this, is all the items on the wiki are then tabled neatly out into concise rows, thanks to the wiki tabling code!! If and when all the items in the list have been formatted the same, then it wouldn't take a hero like Gabe too long to code up a search based around it.

What we really need is a script that will convert standard item ids (lore, identify, appraise) into the new format. If it came as an executable that we could all use, then adding in editable item fields would speed up the inclusion of items from other item lists that are known to be up-to-date.

Once we've figured out how to unban me from the wiki (hehe, one week encounting) I'll be back into formatting the existing lists. I've been removing all the armor-stat info as it's mostly out of date, and the VB script I've been running over the text to make it easier to hand edit often mixes up the weight and material columns (which I'll have to go over and fix when I've bungled a new script together that's smart enough to distinguish the two).

Edit: If you want to edit it yourself, check the Item Standardisation page that was updated.

Yhorian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2007 01:14PM by yhorian.
Subject Author Posted

Does this mean the item search is getting overhauled too? nt

NbM December 04, 2007 01:01PM

The answer is: There are steps YOU can take toward it, that would highly motivate those in higher places to get a system in that will search it for you! Just look it up...

Yhorian(VIP) December 04, 2007 01:12PM

Re: The answer is: There are steps YOU can take toward it, that would highly motivate those in higher places to get a system in that will search it for you! Just look it up...

briartangle December 04, 2007 01:39PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 73
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022