Re: To Yhorian Re: Mage soloing project

January 17, 2008 10:54PM
Umerenkov
After reading your semi-recent post on soloing mages I made a couple attempts and failed miserably.

Obviously both your damage output and defenses sucks as a mage, you can alleviate it somewhat with the use of wands but still it is not enough.

Not sure where you getting this info from...

Invoker = Insane amounts of Damage and insane dam redux with out wands not to mention invurnablilty to some key ranking mobs
Shifter = Insane damage or Insane taking ability or Insane dam redux orrrr Any pair of it.
AP = Tons of dam ability via spells and skills not so much tanking beasts but not too shitty with lust up and the regen from it
Conji = Good = solo ranking easy as shit or evil = insane damage done or neutral = worse then the others but not all that bad

Necro = ok this one is kinda arguable that they dont got much to throw out there but they also cant take hits well or even efficently but then again I have never tryed a necro. I assume that its possiable though to find out strengths and solo. Maybe not? Not me, yet.

Tranny= I hear yes and no here, again I have not played one so I can not say with any experiance. Some people say that with all the speed and mallablity some races are nasty add battlemage and the malladiction and blasting of parts and it seems like its not as much as a pain as you claim.

Ranger combos seem way more then able to solo.

You can mitigate that someone by killing mobs which have stuff that can be bartered for heals using ‘run to mobs- zap-rut to healer-heal-run back’ routine but still I cannot come even close to the timeframe you posted before.

I dont know the timeframe he sugested but the whole spam heal thing seems like you have the total wrong look at what to rank on and where. Your not going to get 300exp a kill solo as a mage with out resting after 1-2 but picking up 100exp a kill and being able to take 6-7 in a row with out rest is pretty good soloing. At least in my experiance.

I came to the conclusion that the main reason here is that you use specific mobs, which while unsuitable for conventional ranking are useful for solo runs. The problem I have is that I cannot envision a way to find such mobs.

Ask in game ? Just an idea some peeps will share depending on the char some wont but try following people around too checking it out or just hitting spots you think are too easy for your current rank and try to see what kind of streak you can put up and how much that streak is worth, sometimes you will be supprised that if your not just looking for gold silver is all around you (not trying to sound like a dick).

Using higher level characters does not give you an accurate assessment of their xp worth/difficulty ratio. Using low level characters does not work for me too, because usually it takes one check (wrong) on a lucky blows mob after which I need to run away with the mob tracking.

Yup this part of it sucks. But just take the even match mobs and pick up the 100-150 with out getting raped by the fellas that offer 150-250 per kill longer yes but more consistant and available and less annoying.

I have a gut feeling that what I am looking for are non-generic monsters in areas which are quite higher than my level but so far I am not able to confirm it.

Heh, if you find any let me know easy high level mobs are a dime a dozen

So, I would like to ask you a question: What is the method to finding such mobs (what should I look for)?
Maybe you have some tips that your would be willing to share (or that guide you wanted to write).

I hope that helps a little, and I to am curious to others responce.

Thanks.
Subject Author Posted

To Yhorian Re: Mage soloing project

Muchos January 17, 2008 01:34PM

My own mage solo ranking tends to focus on specific mobs

daurwyn(VIP) January 20, 2008 06:11AM

Re: To Yhorian Re: Mage soloing project

theepic January 17, 2008 10:54PM

FYI I think you misunderstand

mmmmk January 18, 2008 06:19AM

Still trying to find time to revisit it.

Yhorian(VIP) January 18, 2008 09:38AM

Help Planar Sactum nt

laearrist January 17, 2008 04:33PM

I thought I had it explored and it seems I was very wrong. n/t

Muchos January 18, 2008 01:32AM

Also, someone run the helpfile script please :) nt

laearrist January 17, 2008 04:36PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024