Since everyone seems to be worrying about sleeks...

Sam
January 19, 2008 07:14PM
I have never understood why people would delete because they got a shitty sleek set. It just doesn't make sense, or conversely, why some people can't find wands.

Here's what I know (or at least consider truthful) about sleeks:
When your character is created, you are assigned a set.
You cannot find this set before level 30(I always start looking around 35-37).
Your sleek wand will not pop if someone else is in the area before you arrive.
Your sleek wand will not pop if you are a ghost.
You may find other sleek wands. I believe there are two sets of locations you get personally, or maybe just certain mobs will usually give you sleeks.
Usually (USUALLY) I've found it is easier to find your whole kit once you find one. I have no factual evidence on this, judging as how I've had 4 mages and two found their whole kits and two didn't (including one that didn't find a single sleek rod :() but sometimes there is a sort of theme to your locations.

Honestly people, I just found five limited wands the last time I logged in. Two were barrier, two were aura, and one shield. Two of the items I had never seen before.

If you can't find your sleeks, keep exploring for other wands, and you know what, you'll find limited wands AND your sleeks (most likely). Everytime you enter a room with a relatively high level mage mob, examine the room. Examine the surrounding rooms. Kill most mage mobs you think you can (I've found most of the ones on mobs have (BARRIER) up most of the time, almost acting like a clue). If they are no mage mobs in the area, look for treasure hordes, or areas that are off the beaten path.

In short, if finding good gear for warriors was as easy as getting wands, I'd be constantly decked out with my crappy warrior experiment right now.

Good luck.
Subject Author Posted

Since everyone seems to be worrying about sleeks...

Sam January 19, 2008 07:14PM

I've only played 5 or 6 mages, but I'm almost positive you get only one set of locations. ~

Krilcov January 20, 2008 02:38AM

Re: Since everyone seems to be worrying about sleeks...

WarEagle January 19, 2008 07:48PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 57
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024