Ouch

February 13, 2008 05:43PM
I make a new priest with what I think a great character idea. Write a two chapter well written role (which gets noticed by another immortal at level 4). Write a note to Rayihn asking for her audience. Find the temple. Do the prays. Do not just sit in the temple but level up to level 12, meet new people, RP with new people. Finally Rayihn logs on. I can see she is not in a good mood / hates the character idea. I RP, RP, RP. It's just not working. Her response is pretty much... "I have no idea what you are talking about and you will get bored with this idea". Seriously... exactly what that says with VERY minor RP fluff. So what am I to do? delete/delete. After all if I am to have a relationship with my empowered diety... this is pretty much doomed. There goes quite a few hours planning my comeback to CF with new role/concept/ideas etc. Look, I am not saying it was the greatest role, but I thought it was a very good start with potential. Frustrating. (I know, I know, go qq more, you say. Well, I am just sharing my experience.)

Desc:

You notice a small creature before you. Its skin is covered entirely with mud creating a crusty exterior and hiding many of its features. In some places around the arms, the mud is washed off revealing smooth pale skin covered with intricate tattoos and bulging muscles. Grey hair is neatly groomed and contains no signs of earth, mud or dirt. Eyes of pure emerald gaze into the distance in deep contemplation. Hands are adorned in many stones, some of unknown nature.

Chapter I: Love

In many creatures, love is found in what they are. Elves, for example, have love for all things good. Such love for elves is found in their blood, in who they are. Such love is acquired by them from birth.

In other creatures, love is found in what they do. Some rangers have love for all things natural. Some bards have love for all things musical. Such love for rangers and bards is not found in their blood, in who they are. Such love is, instead, obtained by them through occupation.

In other creatures, love takes form of hate. Undead hate all things living. Anti-paladins hate all things good. Such hate, however, is a form of love. Such hate may be acquired from birth (as is the case with undead) but it may also be acquired through occupation (as is the case with anti-paladins).

There are thus three kinds of creatures. Creatures born with love. Creatures who acquire love through occupation. And creatures who are born with hate or acquire hate through occupation.

Chapter II: Love, the Divine and Prayer

All creatures thus have love (be it from birth or from occupation). Love is the force that allows living (or undead) things to exist. Love allows paladins to stay on the side of the light. Love allows warriors to wield their arms and strike such arms through the hearts of their opponents. Love allows wizards to draw energy from inside themselves to create their intricate spells. Love allows necromancers to stay on the side of the darkness.

But where does love come from? LOVE COMES FROM THE DIVINE.

To feel love in its purest form one must pray to the Divine. One must pray in the absence of ulterior motives. (Pray without fear. Pray without desire. Pray without need.) One must pray simply for the sake of establishing a bond of love with the Divine.

Edit: And here was the note to Rayihn:

Lady Rayihn,

The rumors of your existence have reached me through the divine bond of prayer. I have traveled through the cities of Thera trying to find the sanctuary in which you abide. The smell of seasalt has led me to the bathhouse of unparalleled beauty from which I scribe this humble note.

Dear Keeper of Love,

I seek an audience with you to be blessed by your hand to carry on my prayers in this world. I wish to experience the love that comes from the divine. Through prayer I establish my connection and feel whole. As all creatures are deserving of love (even those that can only feel hate, which is yet another form of love), I love you, the Keeper of Love. Under your sphere, I come to you. Under your sphere, I shall walk. Of you, I shall tell the world who shall feel love which was not felt before.

Your humble servant and follower,

Dynasio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2008 05:47PM by noobagain.
Subject Author Posted

Ouch

Noone of significance February 13, 2008 05:43PM

Thank you for all the replies. I have a lot more perspective now. nt

Noone of significance February 14, 2008 05:13AM

Suggestion, Find a different imm.

Guy February 13, 2008 09:54PM

Re: Suggestion, Find a different imm.

Noone of significance February 14, 2008 05:11AM

I'd say it was shallow

DurNominator(VIP) February 14, 2008 06:47AM

Yah, cause her response was not only warrented

Guy February 14, 2008 08:37AM

It's not a perfect response, but it's better than lying just to make someone happy.

Yhorian(VIP) February 14, 2008 08:47AM

How about: Empower XXXX 22 (or whatever); Sayto noob 'Come find me when you have a better idea of your place in this world.'

Sam February 14, 2008 12:19PM

Looks like that's exactly what happened then. Good call. nt

Yhorian(VIP) February 14, 2008 04:28PM

Re: How about: Empower XXXX 22 (or whatever); Sayto noob 'Come find me when you have a better idea of your place in this world.'

Noone of significance February 14, 2008 01:00PM

What you didn't understand..

DurNominator(VIP) February 14, 2008 08:07PM

Now this is what I don't understand..

Jib February 14, 2008 01:18PM

Re: It's not a perfect response, but it's better than lying just to make someone happy.

Graham February 14, 2008 10:06AM

NOOOOO, the pain! Please no, not "Have fun!" people might enjoy themselves! n/t

Guy February 14, 2008 10:40AM

It's sort of bleh

DurNominator(VIP) February 13, 2008 09:41PM

Re: It's sort of bleh

Noone of significance February 14, 2008 05:12AM

This sounds on the mark, it's not a bad role just incomplete for it's purpose. nt

Yhorian(VIP) February 14, 2008 02:18AM

The conflict between altruistic love and personal needs.

DurNominator(VIP) February 14, 2008 04:47AM

That's a pretty solid reply. n/t

WarEagle February 13, 2008 09:58PM

Suggestion: weave conflict-spawning complexity into your role.

Quixotic February 13, 2008 06:05PM

Ouch is right.

Pro February 13, 2008 06:02PM

Dude...

ORB February 13, 2008 06:01PM

Re: Dude...

Noone of significance February 13, 2008 06:04PM

You were one step short of what used to be the rave..

Pro February 13, 2008 06:10PM

Re: You were one step short of what used to be the rave..

Noone of significance February 13, 2008 06:14PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024