I would trust the rumour that it aids easily parried weapons 100%

March 05, 2008 03:21AM
The only post Nep made on the subject said it straight out increases the number of hits per-round based on how much higher your dex is, than your opponents.

This means if you're an arial (25 dex) fighting a maledicted giant with hamstring+impale (3 dex) then you can get up to eight hits a round. Nep said maybe more, but no one has hit more than 7 and recorded it yet. There are logs of people getting six hits with only 1 wield but that was on the vanquisher when it had been dex maledicted by three different villagers. Not overly impressive unfortunately, but proof of the legacy at work.

Rumour has it, that 'haste' and 'slow' also factor into the equation, seperately from the dex comparison. If you're moving 'faster' than your opponent, it'll give you a bonus. I imagine the best bonus in that scenario being when you're hasted, and your opponent slowed. This isn't easy to confirm however.

Edit: Searching back, I found out that they changed the helpfile for that legacy. It used to say something along the lines of 'delivering a frightening volume of strikes, that slower opponents will find harder to parry' but this was changed to reflect the current useage of the skill. Whether it ever acted like this and was adjusted, I don't know, might be a good question for the imms :)

Yhorian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2008 03:35AM by Yhorian.
Subject Author Posted

Anyone have experience with the whirlwind of steel legacy?

baekthestorm March 04, 2008 08:42PM

If I was lucky enough through some miracle to get three legacies..

baekthestorm March 05, 2008 03:33PM

ward on swords sucks, whispers is good for ragers, whirlwind is dex comparitve imho

theepic March 06, 2008 10:35AM

Well, I am playing a high-dex race, so whirlwind would probably still be good, especially after maledicting...NT

baekthestorm March 07, 2008 04:17PM

I would trust the rumour that it aids easily parried weapons 100%

Yhorian(VIP) March 05, 2008 03:21AM

My opponents thought it was better than I did when I had it.

Quixotic March 05, 2008 03:02AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 156
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024