Re: Yhorian, about your recent conjie

March 09, 2008 11:23AM
Altruism+archon meant I could take a lot of the Maran's maledictions and not have to worry too much about death. A transplendant would keep me refreshed and alive, so I could run and rest off the huge number of maledictions I used to acquire. The drawback is, the more maledicts I took the longer the lag. This did mean I could happily heal the Tara'bal endlessly if it wasn't maledicted a lot. But knocking yourself down to 1 hp is a really bad idea in most situations and you have to be incredibly careful how and when you use it. I thankfully didn't eat a single death from altruism abuse but I have one or two where I was holding my breath.

I think a conjurer Maran would be an amazing force. Angels are much under-used, and should be feared as a seriously pk tool. I used them for defensive purposes mainly but even in that role I managed to net a kill or two with these beasts. Far too many conjurers think archons are good for pk. They simply aren't unless you were playing healing support like I was. Whatever cool things you might be able to get a transplendant archon to do, 90% of the time I just found them drawn into combat for one reason - effectively turning them into searing light elementals.

Acolytes in general are a very fun niche. It's nice not to be under any real pressure to perform pk-wise, and you can spend most of your time relaxing and exploring. It does make you a target for opportunists who think they'll get an easy fight, but I often laughed behind the monitor as I sent them packing. A few I even chased to make sure they'd stay away - having an archangel drop on you just when you thought you were safe is a real heart stopper.

As for their powers, favor of the sun is very handy since dam redux was really what I needed to use angels effectively. It stacked with prot vs align, abs and stoneskin. Other powers were handy for rp but not much else. The leader power was great for both pk and exploration, it meant I could use those vast mana reserves I wasn't using most of the time to heal myself.

I've stil not posted most of Siphana's logs but I've got some cool talks, and some nice fights where I'd portal a Maran to their unsuspecting targets.

Yhorian

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2008 11:26AM by Yhorian.
Subject Author Posted

Yhorian, about your recent conjie

mmmmk March 09, 2008 11:11AM

Re: Yhorian, about your recent conjie

Yhorian(VIP) March 09, 2008 11:23AM

Thing about using angels is no bash protection. Also no mephits if maran? ~

ORB March 09, 2008 11:44AM

changing size is normally protection enough

daurwyn(VIP) March 09, 2008 01:43PM

I had the owl (detect hidden) and if someones bashing you with a hasted angel on them - it benefits you.

Yhorian(VIP) March 09, 2008 11:58AM

Did you use mephits at all, or was it a no no? ~

ORB March 09, 2008 06:08PM

As a goodie its not as a fortie acolyte I would like to think yes yes it is n/t

Guy March 09, 2008 08:49PM

Forties cannot use mephits, devils, demons, or any evil creatures.

Atavios March 11, 2008 07:04AM

Just kill them afterwards. :) nt

Isildur(VIP) March 10, 2008 06:03AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 214
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 230 May 02, 2024