Either do I. haha Some text.

June 02, 2008 08:43AM
I am rereading that and its fucking nonsense.
I think I was half alseep when I read/replied to your post.

I thought you were saying that Echo's is the big whopper that makes bards so nasty.
I was saying that it does make bards nasty but only realllly nasty when you look at other aspects that stack.

If (A) is a normal bard, not prepping out the butt and uncabaled Echos is the only thing thats guna stop them from getting hosed by people (A) can also be a battle bard, sure they will be able to eat more damage with resist and resistance but if they dont get off echos trip and bash make them meat shields that can only go so far.

If (B) is imperial bard, well there are alot of things that make them dirty dirty dirty even if they can't get echos off.

Same goes for (C) who is a bad ass player who knows how to rock a bard.

I think what I was trying to say was that Echos is not as bad as some of the new stuff that makes it (the adition of it) over the top.

I really think edges fucked more in CF then they fixed/helped.
Some are great and others need to be dug out of CF with a rusty screwdriver and stabbed a few times.

I understand what your saying about mana cost and 1 round lag and honestly being able to get that song off a lil bit to fucking easy, but with out that ability to dodge via echos some hits/lag moves/spec skills They will get eaten up.

Now that is messed up in other ways now - Evade - high dex retaredness - Edges that make you char dodge everything from thirsting polespecs - and edges that make you intimidate thirsted mino's like your satin himself - and all that stuff is what makes baseline echos see some fucked up.

I guess what I was trying to say was that Echos has been good even great for a long long long time. Only now with all the new flashy bullshit has it become subject of "whoa fuck that" mindset.

I hope that helps define what I meant. Again Its been a long weekend hahaha
Phorum database error

Phorum Database Error

Sorry, a Phorum database error occurred.
The error message has been written
to the phorum-sql-errors.log error log.
Please try again later!
Subject Author Posted

Tweaking Symphonic Echo Song

jmc June 02, 2008 04:05AM

You should just play one and stop refrencing 'logs' rather than experience.

crafteddeception June 02, 2008 04:29PM

So you're saying I'm wrong? Or is this post just a potshot at me? n/t

jmc June 02, 2008 05:12PM

I'd prefer to hear your thoughts on abilites based on your perspective in using them.

crafteddeception June 02, 2008 05:31PM

I'll have you know me and kanye are taking bets as to when we'll see your STSF character. NT

Sam June 02, 2008 10:32PM

I reckon a better tweak would be looking at maledicts and bard edges.

NeverMindTheWarlocks June 02, 2008 06:15AM

Said what I wanted to. Personally, I think bards should lose dodge. If APs don't get the skill, then neither should bards. NT

Sam June 02, 2008 08:33AM

Remember that scene from scary movie three?

Krilcov June 02, 2008 08:37AM

Gonna let them use wands then? nt

Isildur(VIP) June 02, 2008 08:34AM

APs don't get talismans :) Or fiend. Or echoes. Or Erode Confidence. etc.etc.etc. NT

Sam June 02, 2008 08:47AM

APs do receive deafen though. And that seemed to be last weeks crying-fest. ntnt

crafteddeception June 02, 2008 04:21PM

And bards don't get bloodlust, iceball, cripple, faceslash and unholly weapon

alex June 02, 2008 03:53PM

Bards don't need bloodlust, they can use haste staves/scrolls.

Sam June 02, 2008 09:42PM

I wasn't pointing out that bards is worse class than APs

alex June 02, 2008 10:31PM

But here's the problem. Bards aren't supposed to be crazy good tanks. NT

Sam June 02, 2008 10:34PM

And bards aren't crazy tanks, exept maybe Elite Imperial Blades/Warmasters NT

alex June 02, 2008 11:30PM

Um. Read that log on the logboard of Yhorian raping me after I impale and boneshatter him. NT

Sam June 03, 2008 02:03AM

It's not stupid comparing. Bards require a special type of gearing that svs spell does not cover. That is pretty huge. nt.

Padraig June 02, 2008 05:03PM

Bards requiere one piece of prep to make their life painfull enough.

alex June 02, 2008 06:34PM

so because IMPERIAL bards are OP (so you say) Tweak ALL bards to be less so.

theepic June 02, 2008 04:43AM

No, that's just an example. Look at logs from Gerylanst/Jichii and see how many misses there are once symphonic echo lands n/t

jmc