Re: My 2 cents

September 15, 2008 04:02PM
Firstly,

I can agree to some degree with your question about Imms and guildmaster roleplay. I think the problem mainly
with something like that simply is manpower. There are a 'lot' ofguilds out there, and for the most part in my
opinion the way it wors now is fine. That being said, in my view, the empowerment classes are "outside of the
box" in terms of character builds, I think. They are extremely more survivable, lethal, and utilitarian, in so many
ways. Also, you are distinct in the emporee you are, because of your intimate relationship with your patron Imm.

From personally playing through seven or so different immortals empowerments, they are rarely ever the same,
yet each require equal in-depth understanding and consistency within their spheres and your role, that the
challenge is consistent,and often you can burn out simply keeping a level intensity, all the time.

Next questions,

My questions for you all are :
-Is the current empowerment system necessary to promote RP?

I get mixed views on this. Generally, I have my role/desc and etc.'s placed in upon character creation, so I have
all of the "paper work" out of the way before I enter the academy. That way, no matter "who" looks at me, I am
going to get some attention, and have something to work with in return. If I don't find my Imm within the first
two or three resonably spaced prays within their posted time lines. I simply write an OOC note with my
playtimes and just continue like I am already empowered. Rarely do I ever hit PK withou empowerment unless
I just want to go for finesse and get a few before meeting my Imm, it just depends if it's a paladin, druid, shaman,
healer, and however you are supposed to view your character, seeking that person out.

-Am I the only one that feels that most priestly classes' RP typically takes a sudden downturn when they leave their immortal's shrine?

I don't know, not too often can I remember a gripe with an empoweree class I've played against, can't say I agree. You gotta
remember, just as much as you have play your character, you being the empoweree's out there,you have a strict line to walk,
and not every go out there makes it.

-Should other classes be subjected to the same treatment in order to gain in power?
Nah
Why or why not?
Too much micro-management. Divine classes must/do/will undergo divine intervention, and are the strongest
builds for what they do and can accomplish. They can't be common like warriors, or average people. They
are a divine voice of active divine forces, and each one must be distinct to that Imm, and like I said, carry
that intimate understanding and play it out conistently. Not exactly a gnome shifter for playing on the weekends
kind of class, know what I mean?

-Does anyone else feel that this empowerment is just a failed concept that needs to be either heavily revamped or eliminated? Why or why not?

I think it could definately see more manpower, but here we have Immortals with an already large plate, and plenty of shit to do
to keep our free game running as it is, that I am happy that there even is empwerment to begin with. I feel it brings the game
to a much more in-depth level. That also being said, I match my playtimes to Immortals before I create. I try to set myself up for success in that aspect.

Hope that helps.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2008 04:07PM by Rogue.
Subject Author Posted

Empowerment

Doof September 15, 2008 07:25AM

Re: My 2 cents

Rogue September 15, 2008 04:02PM

This is probably the best post I've seen on this subject

Gihn September 15, 2008 10:33PM

Not to be facetious, but can't the post be summed up as

daurwyn(VIP) September 16, 2008 02:58AM

I think Empowerment does help RP.. somewhat.

Java September 16, 2008 07:23AM

Personally I'm not a fan of empowerment

daurwyn(VIP) September 15, 2008 01:41PM

I believe everything is as it should be. If you wanted to change something...

BattleCharmed September 15, 2008 12:41PM

Depending on the Imm, this is already the case.

cadothu September 15, 2008 02:08PM

Re: Empowerment

Isildur(VIP) September 15, 2008 10:24AM

Scrimbul September 15, 2008 09:19AM

Isildur(VIP) September 15, 2008 10:26AM

Scrimbul September 15, 2008 11:50AM

Are there ANY classes you can start playing for real in an hour?

Yver September 16, 2008 08:04PM

I can get to level 11 in an hour with quests + groups.

Scrimbul September 17, 2008 03:30PM

Not really sure what other peoples opinions are but...

cadothu September 15, 2008 08:00AM

Re: fwiw

Rogue September 15, 2008 04:04PM

Amen! n.t

Soleric September 15, 2008 10:04PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024