From my perspective....

October 28, 2008 04:23PM
Firstly, I will say I am by no where near Rogues pk'ing ability, or have his knowledge, in the pk department I am extremely average.

-What would be the first level you would say a wood elf could comfortably sit at to start pking?

I didn't really start pk'ing (to a point where I was comfortable) until I got my COW. I started once I got my treant and had sunray+thorns. But just found that I was slightly too frail to really win battles. However, once I hit lv 40. I found it was much better now.

With PK also, depending on who I would be fighting, would obviously depend how i'd go about it. Which herbs I would collect - which COW to get also.

-How hard is transmute to metal to perfect if I REALLY concentrated on it? Has anyone ever took the "never blow up objects" edge yet?

Never tried to get it up at all. Just really transmuted everything I could, and everything for other people. (Had my druid pre edge)

-Weapon damage seems neglegible... would it be better to find nodrop maces or use exotics instead of just anything.. to keep parry?

I usually tried to use exotics - There is a certain exotic I like using, it poisons. So adding poison onto thornheart and your normal damage is just a nice little add on if they get away.

-Do your sups take a large hit outside of wilderness? Are druids affected that much by fighting in a city let's say like a ranger would?

I found actually, my druid to do a lot better than I thought he would in the city. I could solo raid Tribunal (no opposition) at lv 38. Maybe having to rest up mana once or twice depending how I was going. Some supplications can't be used in certain areas like Rogue said but also, you can always set a nice trap for your escape with briars and wildgrowth (or whatever its called)

-I rarely see heros using fireseeds... and I don't want to be a cookie cutter druid with sunray sunray sunray... at hero.. what do thorns do on average for damage?

Thorns was my favourite actually - with a nice set of offensive herbs I was dealing >>> ANNHI to most people. As Rogue said also, fireseed was very random with damage, so not overly reliable.

Pretty much to sum up. Once I got a good list of which herbs where, took the time to prepare to raid/pk certain people, went and gathered the correct COW against them. One on One, unless they were insane damage dealers I was coming out on top. Generally anyway.
Subject Author Posted

For those who have found success with Druids.

Guilo October 28, 2008 12:55AM

One more little thing I forgot

Rogue October 29, 2008 02:48PM

Chipping in after playing Caeth and Kiraan

llohuir October 28, 2008 05:54PM

From my perspective....

ilostmycoconut October 28, 2008 04:23PM

Re: For those who have found success with Druids.

daurwyn(VIP) October 28, 2008 02:47PM

For spores or thornheart

torak October 28, 2008 07:21PM

Horaay for "com cancel";herbal =P ~

Guilo October 28, 2008 02:51PM

Ahh, but what balances them more now is

daurwyn(VIP) October 28, 2008 02:57PM

Herbal dosen't cost me any mana at all... unless its less than 1%mana.~

Guilo October 28, 2008 06:41PM

But getting rid of blindness does!

daurwyn(VIP) October 29, 2008 11:22AM

Yea, sometimes I wonder why I bug board things that help me, just didn't seem right though nt

Rogue October 28, 2008 04:04PM

I applaud that

daurwyn(VIP) October 29, 2008 11:23AM

Re: For those who have found success with Druids.

voronil October 28, 2008 02:03PM

From my limited memory

Rogue October 28, 2008 02:35AM

Ive also played some to hero... a couple things Rogue missed.

Namanrin October 28, 2008 02:01PM

Very constructive, thanks Rogue.~

Guilo October 28, 2008 02:41AM

No problem

Rogue October 28, 2008 06:48AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 133 April 26, 2024