Logs, group fights and dickwaving contests

March 02, 2009 11:47PM
Guys, for real. I've been considering coming back for some more cf action after taking a break off, and I've been reading through the logs to get in to the jive. From what I see every single cool group on group fight deteriorates into a flame fest over wah wah who is the biggest camper/full looting jackass/ganger/pussy/various and master of general asshattery. Everyone seems to take a holier than though attitude where every single enemy is just a gutless jackass who never takes risks because since they aren't plunging into certain death.

I've been there taking on bad odds with numerous characters, and sure it's fun to manage a raid/retrieval 3 on 4, perhaps killing some villains in the process. And as in any competitive game, the victor deserves his gloating I'm ok with that. But to claim you were actually putting your precious eq on the line when in fact very often in these group on group fights regardless of numbers the fight is tilted towards the agressor so much it's not even funny.

Don't get me wrong, I like you guys, but especially Elhe, tongni, crafted, you've seemed to be quite vocal on this subject. And I can tell you now straight up, you are either trying to bullshit everyone else, or are deluded. I know you've all played the game enough and have good enough PK talent to actually make precise assessments of various matchups, and still you make ridiculous claims as for how attacking 3 naked felar sword specs solo with your moving invulnerable fortress of inevitable obliteration somehow posed a threat that would scare feebler men shitless.

I call bullshit.

I play to win, you guys play to win and it's obviously aok to play to win. But before you start weighing up your balls, just think. Whenever you enter a PK situation, is there a non-miniscule chance you might die? In fact, I challenge you guys to present me a log where you voluntarily enter a group on group PK situation where the chance of you obliterating the opposing side does not outweigh the chance of you ending up in a position where you actually risk death without an easy gtfo button. And numbers have nothing to do with it. I know for sure I've been involved in fights of 2 on 5 or worse, where the opposing side was more a speedbump than anything else.

If you have the patience to out wait all considerable threats, more power to you. But don't claim as if that doesn't make up a healthy chunk of your gameplan.
Subject Author Posted

Logs, group fights and dickwaving contests

elmeri March 02, 2009 11:47PM

Jesus h Christ. I can't be bothered to scroll that much. nt

zen March 03, 2009 03:57AM

Hey, chief. Don't consider, just do it. Get back to CF and kick some ass. nt

Drokk March 03, 2009 02:47AM

Can't pick a combo :(

elmeri March 03, 2009 02:50AM

Transmuter/conjie/shaman in Trib/Scion.

dervish March 03, 2009 02:58AM

Yeah, Scion needs a solid Shaman. If I was good with religions I would do one

abernyte March 03, 2009 08:35AM

Re: Logs, group fights and dickwaving contests(edited)

Elhe March 03, 2009 12:13AM

Mayby I was a bit too harsh on the critisism

elmeri March 03, 2009 12:26AM

Re: Mayby I was a bit too harsh on the critisism

Elhe March 03, 2009 12:38AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 155
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 151 April 28, 2024