Or, you could also argue it this way:

March 31, 2009 06:14AM
Some people play this game because they enjoy playing the game, and all the aspects that it entails. Sometimes, that means taking on a challenge that may not be the most rewarding experience in terms of success in deathfulness, or merely survival. It has other ways of being suitably rewarding, but I'm pretty sure, having played against you, that you're very well aware of that.

Some play it so they can talk shit to whomever they think will listen, also known as the power gamer (this also includes the smug bastards who power game and never speak up, but they don't bother me as much, since they tend to cheat less or not at all, anyway).

Some enjoy having large groups of people supporting their characters, then acting like the group accomplishment, constructed outside the frame of the game and perpetrated within it, is some incredible accomplishment on their part. Somehow, this approach validates their opinions, of the game and of themselves as skilled and/or intelligent beings.

Sadly, this approach does not encourage the undertaking of challenges that do not support the power gamer requirements. No, those requirements, as you argue, are the cookie-cutter, quick to rank, easy to maintain, and group killing skill sets characters.

The irony, of course, is that when these players grow bored with their endeavors, as inevitably happens when you cheat to rise to the top, they'll bitch that the game no longer entertains them, and leave. Whereas the gamer who has learned to enjoy the game for more than the technicalities of the killing aspect will continue to walk away from the game with a sense of accomplishment inherent to putting forth your own best effort, and knowing that what you've done was yours, and no one else's.
Subject Author Posted

Alex, for your next imperial, I got an idea if you're willing?

Sam March 31, 2009 12:54AM

To be fair I wouldn't play that either, I'm sick of the wrath vuln eating my hero duergar alive nt

Scrimbul March 31, 2009 11:37AM

Re: Alex, for your next imperial, I got an idea if you're willing?

Elhe March 31, 2009 02:10AM

Some play cookie cutters, other take on a challenge~

abernyte March 31, 2009 05:33AM

Don't be a tool n/t

Elhe April 01, 2009 09:55AM

A tool at least has some use......what is your excuse?

abernyte April 01, 2009 11:17PM

Or, you could also argue it this way:

cartherlen March 31, 2009 06:14AM

I couldn't tell if you were talking about Elhe/Alex or Crafted. For shame Elhe. NT

Sam March 31, 2009 07:30AM

You are damn right=) nt

alex March 31, 2009 01:37AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 65
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024