I know, I'm living proof.

December 10, 2009 02:14AM
I really don't think it's the players killing the game. This is just a dying market and nobody cares very much. And nobody is willing to become competent enough to advertise effectively. Nothing needs to change really, it just needs to be advertised much, much better. You can tell me no, it needs to change drastically to accommodate newbies, but you'd lose Carrion Fields in the process. No, the idea of nurturing players in a game called Carrion Fields sounds ridiculous. It's supposed to be cold and cruel (in my eyes), but very exciting. It's a great game with huge ups and downs, and anyone who's cut out to play can handle the downs too. I mean, if everyone were too nice this game would become like those other MUDS that just plain aren't any fun, there's no excitement.

When I was completely new I was like 11 or 12, and I had little outbursts too. Graatch looted my first fire giant a-p's Mahn-tor axe, which I didn't know how to get, NOT TO MENTION MY PIES!!1 and I would never shut up about it (also was annoyed because he didn't even kill me, I had killed a d-elf a-p but died of his plague). And looking back at that log? I was annoying, Graatch handled that well not to tell me to fuck off and turn on quiet mode. I would have fulled me any day of the week after that.

And before that I was even more a little bitch, getting multikilled by some duergar empire thief as a d-elf assassin in the teen ranks, I went OOC on them all the time when they looted, especially when they took Steel Rose, because I had no idea where my gear was from. I was lucky enough to befriend a d-elf conjurer (who wouldn't stop trying to mudsex me all the time and I'm like WHAT ARE YOU DOING LOCKING ME IN THE INN ROOM I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE PENISES GO ON A WOMAN STOP PLEASE I WILL JUST WRITE YOU POETRY INSTEAD STOP OKAY ILL TWIST YOUR NIPPLE BUT THATS ALL I REALLY KNOW ABOUT WOMAN PARTS and then I vanish and quit out) who showed me where to get charred bracers, Velkyn swords, etc. And I try to do this for other players whenever I can, but it's not necessary.

I would even bitch when someone just KILLED ME, and nothing else. The sort of thing I see more and more all the time. And it's just really, seriously annoying because I'm starting to feel it has more to do with people telling newbies it's okay for them to do that than the fact that I'm actually being tormenting. But I don't think anyone cut out to play this game can't handle the worst parts, including being put in their place when they're stepping way out of line. And yeah, some people will get driven away by this sort of treatment, but frankly I don't even want to play with them, they aren't fun.

So to sum it up, my gripe is: It bothers me to see the same players who made the game so fun for me, even if in an indirect way, through constant cruelty, suddenly all go soft on me and tell me I can't play the game I've grown to love because the agreed rules changed.

How about no.

Of course I'm clearly a masochist because I remember the humiliation of my first PK death being erotically stimulating for me.

Actually the community was always like this and always going on about something unimportant. Nothing has changed at all, I'm just getting sucked into thinking so. Not sure why I'm bothering to argue about it, no progress being made in any direction besides spreading more negativity, as always. I'll just shut up about it and continue full looting whoever I like.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2009 02:17AM by RobDarken.
Subject Author Posted

Daurwyn vs Rob Darken on Full Looting. txt

BattleCharmed December 09, 2009 02:58PM

Perhaps explain then

daurwyn(VIP) December 09, 2009 03:05PM

I never said Multi-Killing was 'Bad'

BattleCharmed December 09, 2009 06:59PM

To quote you, you said

daurwyn(VIP) December 09, 2009 11:13PM

Just because 'I' feel its not good. Doesn't mean it isn't. Its my personal preference. nt

BattleCharmed December 10, 2009 12:32PM

Looting is ok for: (a) improving your set; (b) weakening a tough foe; or (c) revenge/irritation

kravidian December 09, 2009 03:40PM

I don't think either one is bad.

Starscream December 09, 2009 03:29PM

I like to think I'm challenging to compete with though

daurwyn(VIP) December 10, 2009 10:33AM

You're not if a full loot means you'll quit playing. (n/t)

Starscream December 10, 2009 10:39AM

I don't get how your arguments link.

daurwyn(VIP) December 11, 2009 09:06AM

Oh

daurwyn(VIP) December 09, 2009 03:06PM

Like I said.

BattleCharmed December 09, 2009 07:01PM

Re: Oh

Asy December 09, 2009 03:48PM

I would suggest that the fault lies with the person getting too personal

vortexmagus December 09, 2009 04:12PM

Agreed. Not all of us devote our lives to CF. Also, that is some shitty logic RobDarken. casual player != hardcore gamer (n/t)

Circle December 09, 2009 06:05PM

You're just bitter because I trampled Sashrimito down for your bitch fest.

Starscream December 09, 2009 06:20PM

Today's casual players can be tomorrow's serious ones

daurwyn(VIP) December 09, 2009 11:17PM

I know, I'm living proof.

Starscream December 10, 2009 02:14AM

Fields of Carrion sounds rather lovely though, doesn't it? n/t

Stevers December 10, 2009 11:40AM

So using your method we might end up with 2-3 more RobDarkens. Yay!

Balrahd(VIP) December 10, 2009 10:58AM

Exactly. More Robs. Yay!

Starscream December 10, 2009 12:14PM

No. (n/t)

vortexmagus December 11, 2009 09:58AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024