Sort of kinda

February 23, 2010 10:49PM
Lloth used to be an Imm WAAAAAY back in the day and her shrine USED to be in the sewers of Midgaard. Anyone older to CF than me can correct me if I'm wrong...

Drizzt used to hang around in the area where the paladins and cloud giants are fighting the udgaardian whatchacallits now. There used to be two frostbrand's and one of them was his and it was a LOT better than the one in the mausoleum. He had some nice gloves and a scimitar (I don't know if it was called Twinkle) and I think that's where the unicorn pendants were. I never had them though. Back then with the smaller mud and the bigger playerbase you literally had to fight over the shiny shit. Incendentally there's a cloud giant near where he used to be that has scimitars and that burned down city used to be called Bryn Shandar or something like that.

There are still a few leftovers from the RA Salvatore's Dark Elf Redundancy (for those of you who don't know, this would be Dark Elf Trilogy, very good read, The Icewind Dale trilogy, the crystal shard has one of the better concepts of what an artifact REALLY is, the Dark Elf Legacy, and what ever the hell came after that cause I quit reading it when Wulfgar came back from the place he got sent to). I think it was called the dark elf saga. Cattie-brie's sword or something named REALLY similar to it is floating around somewhere. Khazadea or something like that. I forget where, but I saw it recently and if I recall it's a piece of junk.

But during the crusade of the early 2000's, the Imms started taking out all the junk from books that CF had kind of absorbed over the years. That's when the White Tower blew up and Tar Valon became Voralia and the river Erinin became Voralia and Mirkwood became A'ratwhatever and Drizzt went by by. But like I said, some of the gear is still around, like those strange bracers. Those were in one of the books. I forget which one, but I want to say it was in the first part of the dark elf legacy. I'm not sure if the pifwafi or what ever it is called is still around. Almost all of the references to Lloth became spider queen or spider goddess. I think in the elven vaults there's still some reference to her. But last time I was in there I just skimmed it. That's also when the word drow kind of vanished into the mists too. I seem to remember there being an argument about drow not existing in CF and that they were dark-elves, in an attempt to remind people that we weren't playing some Forgotten Realms D&D ripoff like neverwinter nights or something. Back then CFers were a lot less mature... well sort of.

But there's a matron mother and I think a couple of other houses. There's a first house, but I don't think there's a second house you can actually walk to and explore. But that shouldn't really stop you from imagining one if you want one. Roles in CF don't have to fit with the story nearly as well as you think they do. There's a school of magic, some slave pens, a warrior's school. I don't remember if drider are down there or not. And in the end of that long ramble, basically anything forgotten realmsy is okay (like that article). But drow come from more places than just the underdark. And they can't fly or any of that crap inherently like they do in the dark elf trilogy, but they DO get faerie fire.
Subject Author Posted

Drow and the Underdark.

cointreau February 23, 2010 05:32PM

Lycaem

zheesus February 24, 2010 10:38AM

Sent you a PM. NT

Batman February 24, 2010 01:49AM

Is this accurate for CF?

Kez February 23, 2010 08:42PM

Sort of kinda

trewyn February 23, 2010 10:49PM

Cavefisher link inside, with pretty picture

camist February 23, 2010 05:46PM

The monstrous manual! I love that book, is there a complete edition online? (n/t)

Bendak February 23, 2010 08:23PM

Angelfire page has a lot of the stuff, get the url in my link to cooshee post (n/t)

camist February 23, 2010 11:16PM

Then what is a cooshee? notext

tyin February 23, 2010 06:38PM

Cooshee is based on this

PaulO February 25, 2010 07:44PM

Cooshee link inside, not so pretty picture

camist February 23, 2010 06:47PM

Cavefisher = Giant Armored crab/insect with tentacles, basically, if I'm not mistaken. Or something like that. By the way, drow don't exist in CF. They are Dark-elves. NT

Sam February 23, 2010 05:40PM

uh drow=dark-elf nt

harbik February 23, 2010 06:00PM

Yeah, exactly ;) But try and find the word drow in CF. It's harder than you think. NT

Sam February 23, 2010 06:02PM

Half-drow?

Dalbrin February 23, 2010 06:23PM

Lol. Totally forgot about that. NT

Sam February 24, 2010 01:52AM

Take your fucking logic elsewhere.

Vhoren February 23, 2010 06:40PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 146
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024