I'm not a master..but I do like me some felar. My thoughts.

February 27, 2010 09:24AM
I think chilling is a very viable legacy for afelar warrior depending on what the build is. As a rager I wish I had not taken it with my berserker, but with a defender..youcan bet I wouldn't mind. I'm of the philosophy that with a felar you have to choose one specialty that doesn't rely completely on strength..ie hand or dagger. (I have never played a dagger spec felar as I thik the lost of concealed effectiveness nerfs this choice.) I think Polearm is viable because of the "dual wield" aspect with claws, something that no other race can do. In retrospect with Growwlis I wish I had taken soul and probably something like riddle. With Guenrayn I took surrounding I believe and vanguard's desire (purely an RP choice which was dumb :) ) I then took.

Anyway..I think it is all about what you are looking to do with the felar and remembering that some legacies can help offset that 17 str. I have considered taking fist but never have as I think it would be such a waste when I can hav a hand specialty that rules for felars. I have always like poles because you can get some very nice lightweight ones and gear for strength. The great thing with a felar is you really don't have to worry too much about hp if you don't want to as your con is good. The claw bonus though is so good that you shouldn't undermine it by taking a specialty that can't use it in some way. I always have chringed and folks who took mace or axe or sword with a felar. Just too much loss for what you get. People told me I was crazy when I rolled felar hand/whip. That turned out qutie well and a number of folks have tried it and liked it. I was also told I was crazy when I went pole..then Moopsie and Mrowwler follwed after (no...not me).

I guess that is my ,02 on it. Feel free to PM me if you want something more specific.
Subject Author Posted

So when we can roll characters again, I was thinking about a certain build. Critiques are welcome.

Sam February 26, 2010 02:33AM

I just made a new character last night. Figured they had lifted the newbie ban. (n/t)

pendragon_surtr February 26, 2010 05:42AM

This is for you. This is yours. This is for you. This is yours.

The Faithful of Nazmorghul February 26, 2010 04:45AM

You playing D2 a little too much? lol. (n/t)

Bendak February 26, 2010 05:28PM

Help! Help me! Help! Help me!

Stevers March 03, 2010 09:11AM

>:D ........ (n/t)

The Faithful of Nazmorghul March 03, 2010 05:42AM

I actually was thinking about Outcry seriously if I go Battle, actually. Extra moves helps against hamstring and nested dashes are always cool. NT

Sam February 26, 2010 04:34PM

Extra moves/semi-pathfinding vs. plague/scourge is nice too. nt (n/t)

The Faithful of Nazmorghul March 03, 2010 09:38AM

DAY OF THE ROPE DAY OF THE ROPE DAY OF THE ROPE

lurker February 26, 2010 06:13AM

Mizze was Spear/HTH Riddle and Whisper

asthiss February 26, 2010 03:21AM

Whispers rocks...don't bother if you go defender though. nt

minyar February 27, 2010 09:25AM

Well, that's why I was thinking Cry originally. Warcry pummel spam works no? NT

Sam February 26, 2010 11:29PM

Chilling never worth a legacy unless it's reward and you can't do anything about it. (n/t)

alex February 26, 2010 03:49AM

I disagree. nt

minyar February 26, 2010 07:02PM

Mind sharing some felar tips from a master? Serious question you play a bad ass cat warrior. NT

Sam February 26, 2010 11:30PM

I'm not a master..but I do like me some felar. My thoughts.

minyar February 27, 2010 09:24AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 101
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024