Re: Any help for playing from free hospital WiFi? (situational text, parental discretion disregarded)

March 11, 2010 12:40AM
Typically those types of setups use a capture server to get your first attempts to log in then will give you access for a period of time.(EG 24 hours). They may choose to block ports other that 80 and 443 which would really suck.... But once you've gone through the whole I accept deal, it should be open. If not, ask the nurse for the number to their IT helpdesk. Call them and ask about being able to work with non-standard TCP/IP ports. My guess is that they will have some kind of solution for Work-a-holics who use VPN and stuff to do their jobs. If that doesn't work, see if you can find a way to Proxy your connection. Never done it, but I know you can(Krilcov does it so it can't be that hard). PM me if you need more help.
Subject Author Posted

Any help for playing from free hospital WiFi? (situational text, parental discretion disregarded)

The Faithful of Nazmorghul March 10, 2010 04:50PM

Re: Any help for playing from free hospital WiFi? (situational text, parental discretion disregarded)

Welverin March 11, 2010 12:40AM

Does it block the port? (n/t)

zen March 10, 2010 06:22PM

Not sure what you need help with. How do you normally play? Is it not your personal laptop? Mac or PC? nt

Splntrd March 10, 2010 06:12PM

Telnet... MUSHclient... n/t

Stevers March 10, 2010 05:08PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 127
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024