I drafted an advertisement that I want to post on MMORPG.COM. I know its not fantastically written but captures what I want to say. If someone could edit and make it more readable would be grateful.

June 13, 2010 09:54PM
THE WORLD'S BEST ONLINE ROLEPLAYING GAME.

CARRION FIELDS.

I am writing this review for the crop of gamers who are interested in Role Playing Games, and I wanted to introduce, in my opinion, the best Online Roleplaying Game in the world.

You may be tired of the current drought of mmorpgs. Like me, you’ve leveled a few characters to 80 in world of warcraft. You’ve stood against the chaos hordes in warhammer online. You’ve played dark age of Camelot, age of conan, lord of the rings online, star trek online, Aion, vanguard, everquest. You tried your hand at darkfall and realize it was a murder fest.

Let me share with you my personal experience of the best Online Roleplaying Game in the world.

Firstly, I don’t consider WoW or any of the other graphical intensive games as roleplaying. Why? Because roleplaying is more than just playing a character called ‘warlock’, or ‘elf ranger’, or ‘human warrior’.

To me, Role Playing means, simply, playing the Role. Being in an Immersive Environment, where when you play the game, you get sucked in. Sucked into a world where you, and the players around you, ROLE PLAY their role.

Role Playing is the red headed step child of the MMORPG gaming universe. It is the flame attractor. It will get mocked, jeered and dismissed by childish and/or violently ignorant playerbase that are more interested in getting the best loot or reaching the highest level or raiding the worst dungeon Or just being a generally griefing badass. (“the role play griefer”)

The reason these people mock Role Playing is because Role Playing requires interaction. It requires you to exercise your imagination, and to pull off an effective roleplay requires an environment where everyone else is role playing, AND is protected from aforesaid role play griefers.

I love graphics. I remember playing the first 3D graphical online game, Meridien 59, and then graduating to everquest, daoc and wow. But in the end, none of these games could create the Role Play environment, because Role Play needs a few things.

1. An environment where the administrators protect, reward role playing, and have penalties for role play griefers. A place where you won’t get drenched with “barrens” talk, with people saying “kk gotta go thx bye”, taking away from your roleplay experience.
2. Role Playing needs interaction between human beings. Interaction online is either by text conversation or by voice. For a Role Playing game, text interaction is the way to go.
3. A gaming system that rewards role play, encourages it and allows it to flourish. This means game balance, spells, skills that make sense, and add to the immersion.

Do you want to enter a game where you can truly explore what it feels like to be a high elven paladin? Or a dark human necromancer? Perhaps a master invoker mage of the elements, commanding fire, ice and lightning? Or a shrewd thief, or a deadly assassin?

And when I say explore, I mean actually be immersed. While you’re playing it, you’re taken away from the mundane into a world of interaction where you feel that you are what you’ve created, and interact with others who see you as such.

You become the dark necromancer, conjuring zombies.

You become the high elf paladin, striking foes of the light.

You become the wood-elf ranger, protecting the forests.

You become the human assassin, bounty hunter, deadly.

So if you’re still reading. If you haven’t given up and posted a flame because of a “wall of text”, then I encourage you to do this.

1. download a mud client. (zmud works, at www.zuggsoft.com).

2. connect to < >

3. Join us in our world. And truly be, what you want to be.
Subject Author Posted

I drafted an advertisement that I want to post on MMORPG.COM. I know its not fantastically written but captures what I want to say. If someone could edit and make it more readable would be grateful.

Returner June 13, 2010 09:54PM

CF is a role-playing/playerkilling hybrid game.

DurNominator(VIP) June 14, 2010 01:36PM

Length?

Moligant June 14, 2010 11:57AM

Re: I drafted an advertisement that I want to post on MMORPG.COM. I know its not fantastically written but captures what I want to say. If someone could edit and make it more readable would be grateful.

dervish June 14, 2010 04:16AM

Actually you made a few good points

Returner June 14, 2010 06:45AM

Permanant age or con death and harsh pk are what made the game sound interesting to me when I heard of it.~

ibuki June 14, 2010 09:42AM

For me, this, and the fact that this was the first MUD I came across that didn't look like a Christmas tree. (n/t)

RobDarken June 14, 2010 12:09PM

Giant cosign here. Enormous. Huge. NT

Batman June 14, 2010 11:40AM

CF? Its completely free, not free to play, and everyone starts on a level playing field. No way to buy power.

vortexmagus June 14, 2010 09:20AM

Never describe CF as "not free to play". We know what you mean. But they won't. nt

Java June 14, 2010 09:31AM

Re: Actually you made a few good points

dervish June 14, 2010 07:19AM

PEA KAY n/t

Stevers June 14, 2010 06:46AM

I will poland your england. n/t

Stevers June 14, 2010 04:33AM

You become the high elf paladin, striking foes of the light. ~ (n/t)

Hoinzor June 13, 2010 09:59PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 143
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 231 May 03, 2024