Re: Mage Questions

December 27, 2010 09:36AM
wrathpuppet
I've played a bunch of Villagers and it has resulted in a tremendous deficit of game knowledge for me. I know shit about magical items.
I know where to get dozens of things to shake the veil, but have no idea what any of them do.
I don't even know exactly where to get those stoneskin fillets.

I've played to OG Conjies to hero to do some exploring, but I found it kind of bleh, even though I found some of my sleeks without help.
I'd like to have a caballed mage so I can do some RPing and have other mages drag me around and show me cool magic shit.

On to the questions:

1. I've been thinking of a Fort Elf Invoker. Are they so fragile that the I'll be con-dead before I get shields?

Pretty much any invoker is fragile before shields. Elf or not, there are just certain fights an invoker should be avoiding until they have their shields, ABS, etc.

2. Has there been a truly fearsome Tribunal Evil Conjie? If not, why not? If your bound devil turns on you in town have you broken the law?

Not according to the PK List here on DIo's. In theory, it's doable. Conjurers are about timing though, so unless you gunned for Vindicator where you become the hunter and being able to respond to incidents quickly becomes less important, a conjurer doesn't seem like a great fit for Tribunal in general.

3. I've read that it can take a RL hour for a hero-ish necromancer to assemble an army. How viable is a necro without an army?

Never played a high level necro. Assuming little/no help from friends, an hour to assemble an army of decent strength zombies seems reasonable, depending on your percentage in the spell.

4. Is it just the best idea to go Fort or Nexun Trannie because who doesn't like a Trannie around?

As a support character, you want to be in a cabal that provides allies during your play times. Transmuters are excellent for solo killing as well. In that case, I prefer Scion or Outlander.

Thanks, guys.
Subject Author Posted

Mage Questions

wrathpuppet December 27, 2010 08:28AM

Isildur(VIP) December 27, 2010 09:49AM

wrathpuppet December 27, 2010 11:25AM

Isildur(VIP) December 27, 2010 12:42PM

briartangle December 27, 2010 12:25PM

For top notch exploring I'd suggest:

deriveh December 27, 2010 05:29PM

joe December 27, 2010 09:46AM

briartangle December 27, 2010 09:36AM

tribunal Conjie

Quas December 27, 2010 10:34AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024