Re: How about everyone just stops playing more than one character... there, fixed

December 30, 2010 10:11AM
>That would help matters, but it still wouldn't fix the following:

> 1. I play during certain hours. I notice that cabal X is often in power during these hours. Not wanting to be without cabal powers, I decide to roll a character and try to join X.

Some folks prefer underdogs, while others prefer to play wherever the upswing is. I would say this is completely legitimate and quite common. It's rings as sort of pansy, but oh well.

> 2. I log on and see that my cabal is without its item and is hopelessly outnumbered. I putter around for 20 minutes, then quit and go read a book.

Eh, I'm guilty of this to a degree. If I login and find myself relentlessly hunted by a bunch of enemies while outnumbered and basically have to pick between hiding, burning through preps with no real shot of accomplishing much, or quitting, I'm going to quit as soon as I feel justified (usually 30 minutes after login minimum).

> 3. I like playing with my skilled OOC buddy so we decide to roll characters in the same cabal. When we're both online at the same time (which we sometimes coordinate, but not always), we group together as often as we can without getting nailed for being a perma.

Honestly, this doesn't bother me either, up until the bit after the last comma. It's almost twenty-fucking-eleven, and people want to play games with their friends. If two people roll in the same cabal and rank semi-independently (ie, they accept group offers as they come, but don't necessarily try to avoid each other or only group with each other), and don't roll together tied at the hip ALL the time or ONLY play together, fine.

This one is easy to take too far, but when not done for pure power-gaming reasons (to clean out their PK range together while high-fiving), I say great, go for it.

EDIT: And of course, like SNSE said, everyone should be RPing properly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/2010 10:12AM by briartangle.
Subject Author Posted

You call it a Perma but do IMM's punish this?

funnyone December 30, 2010 06:32AM

This doesn't just happen with imperials

Zheeser December 31, 2010 02:54AM

How about everyone just stops playing more than one character... there, fixed (n/t)

NbM December 30, 2010 08:16AM

Re: How about everyone just stops playing more than one character... there, fixed

Isildur(VIP) December 30, 2010 09:07AM

briartangle December 30, 2010 10:11AM

As a normally underdog player I'd like to add...

bajula December 30, 2010 01:49PM

Imms don't seem to mind if you roleplay and aren't joined at the hip. n/t

Someone Not Special, Esquire December 30, 2010 09:55AM

Re: You call it a Perma but do IMM's punish this?

Isildur(VIP) December 30, 2010 07:31AM

If the innocent are punished, I MIGHT BE NEXT! :-O! nt

Batman December 30, 2010 10:28AM

briartangle December 30, 2010 07:00AM

Isildur(VIP) December 30, 2010 07:53AM

This. Plus...

(vಠ_ಠ)> AngryFatKid December 30, 2010 07:50AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 132
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024