The lack of RP in PK

December 26, 2012 10:21AM
Disclaimer: I am a little mad as I just died but I knew I was going to die repeatedly since I was playing a "not for newbie class" and probably not make it past level 25 before trying out an easier class so I'm only "a little" mad.

So far, I've rolled three characters in CF. A goodie melee, a neutral melee and an evil spellcaster. Across all three characters, there has been an extreme lack of RP involved with all the attempts on my characters lives (although I've only died two or three times as I've a VERY strong flee spam reflex). 99% of them have been just some guy walking up on my character, attacking without saying a word and then either walking off with a few of my things and never saying a word to me or standing at my corpse to tell me to switch sides, stop spellcasting etc.

And I just don't get either of those mentalities. The first one makes absolutely no sense to me from anyone but an AP and maybe a necro. What motivation could a ranger have to kill someone they've never spoken with and know nothing about? If they followed someone around and found out they were chopping trees like it's christmas time, alright cool. But I've not yet seen anyone put even a quarter of the effort involved in that.

Most of the second group of people are either ragers or fortress (although as a note, I've never been killed by fortress. Only watched one of their guys kill someone and then attempt to preach to him). And that makes no sense to me either. Again, you know nothing about them beyond race, class and name. Even a level 40 elf invoker doesn't deserve to be ganked by a rager until the rager has spoken with them and, at the very least, assertained that the invoker is an active user of magic. For all the rager knows, the invoker followed around his warrior buddy from ranks 1-40, attempting to learn how to be a warrior from him, never casting or even practicing a single spell.

Or the fortress fellow who killed the evil guy without a word and then attempts to tell him that he needs to stop being evil. What motivation does the evil fellow have? You've proven that you're just as bloodthirsty? What difference does being good make?

I just don't understand these types of PK attacks. Sure, you've got the element of surprise but you've completely lost the element of RP. This topic will not change anything nor will it stop me from playing (despite this rather annoying aspect, I am very much enjoying CF), I just wanted to blow off some steam in what hopefully didn't come off as too much of a whinefest and see if there is anyone else out there that attempts to speak with the attackee before becoming the attacker?
Subject Author Posted

The lack of RP in PK

Adenith December 26, 2012 10:21AM

More

Zheeser December 26, 2012 06:24PM

Think about a war for a second.

Java December 26, 2012 05:35PM

I agree with this. I just don't like the characters who view everyone as the Nazis in your scenario. (n/t)

TaterPig December 27, 2012 03:28AM

Re: The lack of RP in PK

Isildur(VIP) December 26, 2012 05:29PM

This! I don't agree at all with Adenith's post. RP doesn't have to be words, or even actions. It can be passitivity as well along with a lot of other things. (n/t)

deriveh December 26, 2012 08:50PM

This

Ş̡̨̛̛̳̟̗̩̻͈̻̲̫̟̙͍̫͖̹̩̠̠̪̦̤̜͚̟̍̈́͗̂̈̾͐̔̅͐̓̓̀̍̌̇̄̎̀̏͊̑̊̔͆̉̌̏̂̓̋̉͋̅͌̑̀͊͂̓̌̉͋̈́͋͆̄̎͆̉̐̈͊̏̊̂͒̊̈́̒̀́̃̀́̊̔̔̒̚͘͠͠͠͝͝tÌŠÌ€ÌˆÍ’ÌÌŒÍŠÍÍŒÌÍ„ÍÌ”ÌˆÌ•Ì›Ì„Í‹ÌŽÌÍ„Í December 26, 2012 06:10PM

I usually do not announce that I am about to walk in and PK you, but if you just ask me about it there is a 99% chance I will tell you straight out if I am hostile

vortexmagus December 26, 2012 04:32PM

Borkahd December 26, 2012 04:31PM

langston December 26, 2012 12:30PM

Damn this is the best explination I have ever read here.

GreenLantern December 27, 2012 04:08AM

Do you still play?

Tolnum December 26, 2012 01:29PM

I feel that

BlkDrgn December 26, 2012 10:59AM

Somewhat agree

Elystan December 26, 2012 10:53AM

I stoped reading somewhere at half of your bitching

alex December 26, 2012 10:49AM

For the most part, you are correct in thinking

zoskia December 26, 2012 10:40AM

A biting dog doesn't bark.

DurNominator(VIP) December 26, 2012 10:39AM

This. (n/t)

Returner December 26, 2012 01:24PM

A bound turtle does not pray.

Batman December 26, 2012 10:40AM

A croaking frog does not tongue flies.

RobDarken December 26, 2012 10:47AM

Spot on... (n/t)

GreenLantern December 26, 2012 11:35AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024