Re: Hunter Spoon - How do Bows Work in CF?

February 06, 2013 09:07AM
You need to have the "archery" skill to properly use the bow and this is obtained at level 15 (?) ish. After that point you can wield a bow properly. Bows juice your ability to dodge, but you relinquish your ability to parry and shield block. Later on you learn the "bait" skill which acts in a similar manner to feint and further increases your ability to avoid melee blows.

Bows are good for tanking in groups, but as Batman said, they don't do much damage. Their attacks are not able to be parried. In the beginning you will start with 1 attack per round, but this will increase to 2 attacks per round after a certain level.

You also have the ability to knock poison arrows (which give a chance to poison if the next attack lands and is not dodged by your enemy), or flaming arrows which exhibit the same mechanics but give a chance to immolate. Note: There are bows for Evil/Neutrals which attack with poisonous bite. These also increase your chance to poison.

You can shoot air shifters out of the sky with a bow. I've never had a chance to use this, however.

You can aim shots at various body parts with different effects. Some maladict, some lag and the damage and chance to hit varies.

2) I used bows in some situations (where I wanted to be more melee defensive) and other weapons in more offensive situations. Lag against mages is something of a problem with hunters and spell damage will be one of your weak points.

3) Yes. A major benefit to bows, particularly in the mid-ranks is their ability to help you tank better.

4) Can't help you here.

5) Yes it has been done before, In fact, I tried it also but it was just too niche. I cannot remember any major character with this build however.
Subject Author Posted

Hunter Spoon - How do Bows Work in CF?

MudDud February 06, 2013 03:42AM

Makiki or something similar was a fairly successful fort hunter

Welverin February 07, 2013 08:41AM

Played by ibuki though, so it might be the player more than the class (n/t)

starbright February 07, 2013 10:15AM

I found a hunter arial plainsrunner build worked pretty well for me.

satchmo February 08, 2013 12:51PM

Thanks for all the replies/comments! n/t (n/t)

MudDud February 06, 2013 04:46PM

Mine were most helpful, obviously. NT

Batman February 07, 2013 02:03AM

Obviously (n/t)

MudDud February 07, 2013 04:35AM

Oh, and hunters can see when someone sneaks into or out of the room. (n/t)

Matrik February 06, 2013 09:56AM

Re: Hunter Spoon - How do Bows Work in CF?

istirith February 06, 2013 09:07AM

Theory in Practice

Baroness February 06, 2013 11:49AM

Bows are excellent for shifters flying away, or to keep 'em at bay. I landed a kill doing that once. n/t

Someone Not Special, Esquire February 06, 2013 11:00AM

The arrows are metaphysical at best, and the idea is that

Batman February 06, 2013 03:52AM

the arrows don't so much appear or manifest as they do already exist

morocco February 06, 2013 11:50AM

They only exist until you try and observe them.

Jib February 06, 2013 11:57AM

Right, you get it!

Batman February 06, 2013 01:19PM

haha.. nice. nt

istirith February 06, 2013 08:14AM

I remember chasing this a-p around in the midranks on the Eastern Road

Baroness February 06, 2013 06:03AM

That deafen is fun as hell, but you're right in pointing out hunters typically lack good enough damage output when fighting alone to capitalize on their awesome skill set. (n/t)

Matrik February 06, 2013 06:06AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 115
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024