A couple of things to add

April 14, 2013 05:50AM
This was a very good post, but a couple more hints to add on this:

- Using trip to extend lag works with other skills that lag like trip of course. So keep this in mind if you're weapon tripping, legsweeping, cranialling, or lashing. If you know your opponent is going to use a spell/skill, they are going to lag themselves 1-3 rounds without you needing to trip immediately. For example, if you're tripping and your opponent is boneshattering, you can trip first, then let the boneshatter attempt go off, wait nearly the entire two rounds of his self-imposed lag, then trip again, netting you 6 rounds of lag for his one command.

- Bash effectiveness : This skill is still entirely random, but one way to help yourself out during bash spam is to wait about 2/3 of a round to enter your next bash each time. This way, if someone is unlagged after 2 rounds, you get to see what they are going to try and can respond to it. If they are not, congratulations you just got an extra 2/3 of a round of lag from one command. This can reduce the number of successful bashes you need to down your enemy.

- Greeting : Greeting increases the average number of rounds your opponent gets bashed. As I understand it from experience, it turns bashes into 2,2,3,4 rounds rather than 1,2,3,4 randomly. It does not appear to increase the odds of landing a bash by itself, but it does mean a missed bash only lags you 2 rounds and it makes it tougher for other chars to bash you.

- Bashing size & weight. I agree with shaapa here, I feel like size is more important than weight when it comes to bashing. They both play a part though, and mainly alter the success rate of your bashing. The effectiveness is going to be random no matter what else you do, so even your 700 lb fire giant will hit some 1 round bashes on a 100 lb elf
Subject Author Posted

I've played this game poorly off and on for....

Goatsinger April 13, 2013 12:35PM

Sounds like my story. Not the best, but addicted. Habitual reroller. n/t

smfii April 13, 2013 01:47PM

Yup

Daichyl April 13, 2013 01:58PM

I hate PK death but I hate deleting after PK death even more

vortexmagus April 13, 2013 05:08PM

You're making me feel better about sucking at PK

Elystan April 13, 2013 04:16PM

I would say stop playing APs.....

Zruulg April 13, 2013 07:28PM

But it's more like .... you suck at PK actually because you hero your chars.

shaapa April 13, 2013 07:04PM

Is this PSA : Disarm between their trips ?

Kamuela April 13, 2013 07:49PM

DurNominator explained it the best way (with the very detailed picture, i mean real picture) some time ago, it should be added to one of the guides somewhere.

shaapa April 13, 2013 08:34PM

I'm listening. I still don't get this at all. Please explain. (n/t)

satchmo April 13, 2013 08:22PM

I believe it is 12 pulses per round.

vortexmagus April 13, 2013 10:59PM

A couple of things to add

Kamuela April 14, 2013 05:50AM

Thanks to everyone for the explanations. I think I get the idea. Probably won't manage to execute well, but in theory I get it.

satchmo April 14, 2013 06:39AM

Re: Thanks to everyone for the explanations. I think I get the idea. Probably won't manage to execute well, but in theory I get it.

Goatsinger April 14, 2013 09:23AM

Even if a dwarf is enlarged and the giant is reduced, bashing the giant is often a pointless exercise since they can usually do hold a lot more weight than the dwarf can - that's the only thing i wouldn't agree with.

shaapa April 13, 2013 11:34PM

I agree, size is definitely much more important than weight.

vortexmagus April 14, 2013 08:59AM

That's what she said

Batman April 14, 2013 09:08AM

Ummmm I do very well with warriors and timing my moves... (n/t)

Quas April 13, 2013 07:42PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 126
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024