My moments - Old senility kicking in

May 04, 2013 02:45PM
First Age - Thinhallen - Fight to the Death

People were being too friendly as level 50 (no heroes then) so I believe Cador trans'd all of the players into the Realm of the Dead and told everyone to fight to the death. I (Thinhallen human rager thief) wasted zero time and backstabbed Forsythe (gnome mage master?) at the very beginning because I figured it was the ragerly thing to do and that it would be smart so he couldn't area spell because there were so many other people in the room. Then some paladins started fighting shadow and I stayed hidden while everyone around killed each other. I ended up getting super lucky and winning in the end and some immortal butchered all the corpses so there was over 10 pages of loot on the ground. I got as much loot as I could before the mud crashed (which was pretty common back then).

Second Age - Ravenlok/Dvorak

Ravenlok a dwarf cleric in masters with the strange bracers. Imagine an acid blast type spell which could be cast once a round, transform, prot shield, sanctuary, heal, mana transfer, gate, tesseract, etc. It was pretty ridiculous. Nepenthe was a gnome cleric at the time. The whole cabal was pretty nasty, but ragers could hold their own as well. Their cabal was a no magic zone so it was ridiculously hard to raid. Anyways, at the time masters were killing everyone so I was getting a bit bored and decided to create a rager knowing all the weaknesses of masters. I rolled a cloud warrior and shot through the ranks. I ended up fighting Iswan (Zulghinlour's Felar A-P master) at the rager cabal in Arkham and killing him and getting his sweet suit. I remember masters always complaining about Dvorak while I was on with Ravenlok saying that it would be great if I was there to kill Dvorak, but alas that couldn't happen. I got bored with masters and eventually deleted Ravenlok, but that was a great time for me. I played with Ishmael and Trilvain (Zulg's Fire Warrior). Dvorak ended up dying when some human assassin (Shun - can't remember which Imm this was) was wanted and took a pot shot assassinate on me to get rid of their flag while they were level 44 and had it land through counter. Sad sad day =)

Third Age - Bolechim (Michelob backwards)

I created a storm warrior for ragers and shot through the ranks and then used the black box to change to neutral. I didn't know of the "drawbacks", but it worked out because I got the pearl of power and basically just walked around the Axe of Conquest being immune to magic =) Pretty awful haha. I finally was killed by a master a-p with mirrors who charmed me and tess'd me to a noexit room. He couldn't kill me, but Nepenthe's paladin came to do the dirty work. It took him two tries, but he got me. After he worded the first time, I just dropped and sac'd the majority of my stuff.

Third Age - Alodar

I had one of my friends roll an arial warrior for ragers (sucked to have to do it by hand so tintin was nice for this) and I levelled up and got my interview but the leader at the time said it wouldn't let him for some reason. So I prayed about it and some Immortal said that I was lawful and I was just trying to game the system. He said that I wanted to change my ethos because I couldn't get into Arbiters and now I wanted to make my character a rager. I was pissed at this as the Immortal was unwilling to budge so after a few days I said screw it and tried for arbiters at which time the Immortal messed with me again so I deleted. I decided to make a master then with some friends =) Andros (human invoker), Alodar (human invoker), and our friend's human bard were my neosoft buddies and the two invokers got into masters together. We were all evil so storm giants were our gravy. I don't think I've ever levelled that fast because we never had to rest. We had sanctuary, area spells that cost no mana, transform that could be dispelled, and mana transfer. It was a ridiculous setup haha. Anyways, ragers were rocking it out at the time. It was during Holtzendorff and Thror's time. We took them down pretty well. Crushing hand seemed to do the trick against dwarves, but then masters hit a lull. I continued to play through it, but not having the Orb when you trained all mana was pretty tough. I ended up being the only master on most of the time and got picked as leader. I inducted Guerric (Zulg's Fire A-P) and his friend Kiersa. I didn't know OOC, but I knew it had to be him. I also inducted Graatch (elf transmuter I think) out of pity =). I inducted a couple more neosoft friends in Kuslatromi (human transmuter), Moridin (drow transmuter), and Arioch (human necro) but kept inductions to a very minimum because I didn't want the cabal to get too big and boring. We ended up destroying ragers at that time and I felt terrible for Thror and Holtzendorff, but they kept coming and kept dying which I give them credit for. Dwarf con is ridiculous. The Orihalcom statue quest went on at the time and I have to say that was an amazing time period because all of the cabals were represented. We ended up gathering all of the statues and getting a wish. We could have literally wished for anything, but Moridin (not sure why it was him) chose for the "Master Cabal to live on forever." Of course, they played with the words which we were fine with and kept the actual tower there forever. It's the one on the river by galadon. Fun times, loved playing with my friends.

Anyways, I'm sure there are more. The one overwriting principle I tried to keep was just to try to keep everything friendly in the end. I tried to never multikill and I always returned people's stuff. As Tobeldest, towards the end of his life, I remember dying to a group of people (5 to 6) and having all of my stuff returned. No one touched a thing. I was literally almost tearful there. Anyways, peeps, good reminiscing, be good to one another and I'm sure the game will strive once again.

-thinnie
Subject Author Posted

Favorite CF moments?

ghuljun_thul May 02, 2013 02:40AM

My moments - Old senility kicking in

thinhallen May 04, 2013 02:45PM

I killed Djabree, 1 v 1.

Java May 04, 2013 10:22AM

Re: Favorite CF moments?

abernyte May 04, 2013 01:38AM

Killing Twist's first comeback character (he killed me like 8 times though) with my first character. Con-dying that same character.

Sam May 03, 2013 12:44PM

PaulO May 02, 2013 02:51PM

That dwarf invasion thing sounds fucking awesome. (n/t)

tesline May 03, 2013 03:11AM

You were Holtzendorff?!

JimmyDean May 02, 2013 03:41PM

It was a long, long time ago in a land far far away.

PaulO May 02, 2013 07:18PM

Wow... PaulO = Holtz...

GreenLantern May 03, 2013 06:08AM

I thought this was common knowledge (n/t)

abernyte May 04, 2013 01:32AM

So many...

BattleCharmed May 02, 2013 02:16PM

Pre warned player file wipe week

Zheeser May 02, 2013 01:27PM

A Couple.

wrathpuppet May 02, 2013 12:54PM

Basically any time I see this: Word spreads throughout the lands that your defeat of X has forced them into hiding! (n/t)

sevriis May 02, 2013 10:09AM

+1 (n/t)

Batman May 02, 2013 10:11AM

leaf May 02, 2013 08:08AM

I don't have any. I have always hated this game. nt

Splntrd May 02, 2013 04:03AM

Mine

daurwyn(VIP) May 02, 2013 02:52AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 17
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024