They're 45+ only, and very dangerous. I'd recommend talking to Heralds, and Scion mages in general. Here's some pointers:

June 27, 2013 01:11AM
They developed around the idea of bringing the 'Eternal Night', an apocalyptic event where the nightwalkers invade. They often roleplay towards an Omen of their time which varies with Imm/Leadership direction. This was great while there were active imms in Scion but I'm genuinely unsure what they're like at the moment or who's running the Cabal. Generally it's a secret except to the current members. That you'll have to find out IC.

The major roleplay point to remember (and is why the priests/warriors have a lesser role in Scion) is that in the alternate dimension of the Nightwalkers, magic is a scarce resource. They don't have a Hole and Veil like Thera does producing endless mana. Hopefully that clue with give you some idea as to why they act the way they do, and point you in the right roleplay direction. You'll have fun learning more. Just don't forget - many of the cabal members will act quite callous because they're playing power-hungry roles. Expect to take some abuse, but don't take it personally. Roll with it and try to play up to them.

There's more inside the cabal - Books there list all about Nightwalker origins, culture and workings. Scion powers fit really well into their niche roleplay. Definitely explore the Maethien in the past when you can, there's some reading materials on high end mobs there.

Yhorian
Subject Author Posted

Joining Scion

dilmo June 26, 2013 08:13PM

Just con kill every Scion and start building it back up. (n/t)

MiyagiYojimbo June 30, 2013 01:05AM

Aid scions ic and ask

daurwyn(VIP) June 27, 2013 10:16PM

I tried to do that when traveled with two Scions once, they both ignored all my questions (n/t)

dilmo June 28, 2013 07:12PM

Present something you have made up or have found that they may not know. NO scholar who seeks knowledge will give up information too readily without return. (n/t)

abernyte June 28, 2013 07:52PM

Maethien in the Past. Maethien in the Present. There's your link. n/t

Jerrokrar June 26, 2013 09:16PM

They're 45+ only, and very dangerous. I'd recommend talking to Heralds, and Scion mages in general. Here's some pointers:

Yhorian(VIP) June 27, 2013 01:11AM

Re: They're 45+ only, and very dangerous. I'd recommend talking to Heralds, and Scion mages in general. Here's some pointers:

dilmo June 27, 2013 04:06PM

Since they're a power hungry cabal, it's useful to kill a Scion or two to prove your worth

Rade June 28, 2013 07:48AM

Unless said leader is the only gate keeper to the cabal

Guy June 28, 2013 08:24AM

what it means to be a scion truly changes a LOT based on the current leader

Quas June 28, 2013 08:27AM

Rindros would have considered it uncouth. (n/t)

Artificial June 28, 2013 01:18PM

can't actually read the books as a non scion (n/t)

Quas June 27, 2013 06:30PM

As an applicant I thought it would be neat to break in so I could recite stuff from the library to the Chancellor. I got -1 duration insanity for trying to read it instead.~

ibuki June 27, 2013 06:36PM

I actually didn't know that, that's really cool. nt

Yhorian(VIP) June 28, 2013 01:03AM

I wouldn't strike the Nightwalker.

kravidian June 27, 2013 04:32PM

That'd be a pretty bad move. (n/t)

Guy June 28, 2013 08:22AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 137
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024