Savage rangers, prime stats and something about coffee?

July 29, 2013 07:40AM
It's noon and I haven't had any yet so bear with me here....

Some ways down I started a thread about getting accustomed to PK and combat in general. How to not freak out, what kinds of builds are condusive to getting comfortable, building confidence etc.

Murphy made some good points about Savage Rangers and I was curious; I tried rangers before and granted, they had crazy PvE qualities (which I enjoy), I need some help understanding the general mindset or style of savages. They get significantly reduced options for gear, however they get maces (Sweet!) and can cover themselves in nasty shit. (Paint? Mud? Noxima? gross.)

There's definitely plays styles that are easy to identify with rangers regarding strength based and dex based. Savages however fall into the camp of "I have no idea." Dex? Str?

I could see appeal as a giant with maces thunderfucking someone with huge ambushes all covered in war paint and stuff. It sounds really cool. But then I realize, well, they can already do this with axes and not have to wear blocks of wood and felt for armor.

Anyone (Murphy, I'm looking at you buddy. Maybe Matrik too. Wake up good dude!) feel like giving out a bit more generalized info about savages? Race? Stats? Lowbie gear is easily attainable that fits savage requirements. Getting higher gear probably shouldn't be a concern at this point, but I can't help but think, "man, where am I gonna find this stuff later?"

Thanks everyone!
Subject Author Posted

Savage rangers, prime stats and something about coffee?

Dano July 29, 2013 07:40AM

I suggest human savage mountaineer, strength.

Murphy July 29, 2013 10:04PM

Assuming a dexy savage, what's better? Maces, staff, or spear?

smashtro July 30, 2013 11:43AM

Was it Gaplemo who played Nukahv? Ask him.

Murphy July 30, 2013 02:55PM

Nukahv was a caverndweller if I remember correctly, I wonder how the dex helped with Rebounding Strike. (n/t)

bloodmoon July 30, 2013 07:15PM

It's more useful on a dex ranger

daurwyn(VIP) July 31, 2013 05:52AM

Hrm...might have to give cavern dweller a try sometime (n/t)

bloodmoon July 31, 2013 10:45AM

The thing about mountaineers

bloodmoon July 30, 2013 08:09AM

As a human you would want that bonus to bearcharge mountaineers get. (n/t)

Murphy July 30, 2013 02:51PM

Cool info, thanks. (nt)

Dano July 30, 2013 05:03AM

Str. Enlarge, onslaught ambush then bearcharge or savage blow. Wear midnight dragon till you can replace it. (n/t)

Zruulg July 29, 2013 09:25AM

Pick strength for your prime stat if you go human. (n/t)

DurNominator(VIP) July 29, 2013 08:57AM

Check the Diki-Wiki ranger page for lowbie ranger gear. It's a decent list.

Matrik July 29, 2013 08:14AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024