Ilythyrra is dead. Log, then goodbyes (haven't done this in a while)

K-B
October 15, 2023 04:09PM
<100%hp 80%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> People near you:
(PK) Ilythyrra                    The Plaza of the Kara Chal

<100%hp 80%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> who
[34 D-Elf Nec] Maelvirin the Master Golem Maker
[27 Arial Nec] [TRIBUNAL] Shaedrina the Master Animator, Magistrate of Seantryn Modan
*17  Elf  Tra* (PK) Ilythyrra the Witch, Avowed of Azorinne
[38 Gnome Con] Canur the Exorcist of Manifestations
[32 Srian Nec] Bvalygg the Crypt Dweller
[17  Orc  Ber] (PK) Kaurzu the Bone Gnawer

Players found: 6

<100%hp 80%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> where pk
where pk
People near you:
(PK) Kaurzu                       On the Southeast Bridge

<100%hp 80%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> People near you:
(PK) Kaurzu                       On the Southeast Bridge

<100%hp 80%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> cast 'metabolic quickening' self
Your heart races and your reflexes sharpen as your metabolism quickens.

<100%hp 77%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> where pk
zap kau
People near you:
(PK) Kaurzu                       The Great Square of the Phoenix

<100%hp 77%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> There is no Kau here to zap.

<100%hp 77%m 41%mv 11 AM 7442> w
Western Gate of Hope

[Exits: east west]
(Red Aura) A bedraggled vagrant in tattered clothing stinks of refuse and urine.
A peacekeeper garbed in pristine regalia stands guard at the city gate.

<100%hp 77%m 40%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau
There is no Kau here to zap.

<100%hp 77%m 40%mv 11 AM 7442> e
The Plaza of the Kara Chal

[Exits: north east south west]
     An alabaster figure with an outstretched palm stands in a broad water basin.
(Red Aura) A kobold slave stands about, trying to be unnoticed.
(Red Aura) Kaurzu is here.

<100%hp 77%m 39%mv 11 AM 7442> e
Avenue of Hope

[Exits: north east [south] west]

<100%hp 77%m 38%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau
w
There is no Kau here to zap.

<100%hp 77%m 38%mv 11 AM 7442> The Plaza of the Kara Chal

An alabaster figure with an outstretched palm stands in a broad water basin.

<100%hp 77%m 38%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau

Kaurzu leaves north.
A kobold slave leaves north.

<100%hp 77%m 38%mv 11 AM 7442> There is no Kau here to zap.

<100%hp 77%m 38%mv 11 AM 7442> n
Avenue of Retribution

<100%hp 77%m 37%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau
You zap Kaurzu with a crystal encrusted shaft of many colors.
Kaurzu yells 'Help! Someone just zapped me!'
A rainbow of colors shoots out from your hand.
Kaurzu turns slightly green, but it passes.
A green beam of light hits Kaurzu!
You fade into existence.
Your prismatic spray *** DEMOLISHES *** Kaurzu!
Kaurzu parries your thrust.
Kaurzu's infernal power decimates you!
You parry Kaurzu's smash.
A kobold slave screams and attacks you!
You parry a kobold slave's hit.
Kaurzu is covered with bleeding wounds.

<89%hp 77%m 49%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau

Your thrust injures Kaurzu.
A deathly chill seeps into you from Kaurzu's axe!
Kaurzu's infernal power mauls you.
Kaurzu's infernal power injures you.

<71%hp 75%m 47%mv 11 AM 7442> 
You quickly pull yourself out of range of Kaurzu's bash.
A kobold slave misses you.
A kobold slave's kicked dirt misses you.
Kaurzu's infernal power injures you.
Kaurzu's smash misses you.

<62%hp 74%m 46%mv 11 AM 7442> You zap Kaurzu with a crystal encrusted shaft of many colors.
Kaurzu is moving more slowly.
A violet beam of light hits Kaurzu!
Your prismatic spray *** DEMOLISHES *** Kaurzu!
Kaurzu is gushing blood.

<62%hp 74%m 46%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau

You parry a kobold slave's hit.
Your thrust misses Kaurzu.
Kaurzu's infernal power wounds you.
Kaurzu's smash decimates you!
Kaurzu is writhing in agony.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> 
A kobold slave misses you.
A kobold slave's kicked dirt misses you.
Kaurzu has fled!
Kaurzu leaves north.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> There is no Kau here to zap.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> n
Avenue of Retribution

[Exits: north south west]
A poor urchin lingers here, dependent upon the charity of others.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau
You zap Kaurzu with a crystal encrusted shaft of many colors.
Kaurzu yells 'Die Ilythyrra, you wand using fool!'
A white beam of light hits Kaurzu!
Your prismatic spray MASSACRES Kaurzu!
Kaurzu has fled!
Kaurzu is convulsing on the ground.

Kaurzu has fled!
Kaurzu is convulsing on the ground.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> zap kau

Kaurzu is mortally wounded, and will die soon, if not aided.
Kaurzu is nearly dead. 

Your thrust mauls Kaurzu.
Kaurzu is DEAD!!
You land the killing blow against Kaurzu.
Kaurzu's feet are sliced from his dead body.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> There is no Kau here to zap.

<42%hp 72%m 44%mv 11 AM 7442> exa corpse
The corpse of Kaurzu lies here, pierced in several places.
The corpse of Kaurzu contains:
( 2) a pale white skull ring
     some studded leather work gloves
     a cured hide sack made from the corpse of the Enforcer
     (Glowing) a flame blade
     a pair of spiked kneepads
( 2) a charred leather bracer
     a spiked bear skull
     (Iron) a spiked mask
     a cloak of midnight
( 2) (Glowing) a ruby locket
     a pair of steel arm guards
     (Iron) a pair of heavy iron boots
     a silver chain flail
     a chain flail
     an elaborate beaded onyx belt
     a massive truncheon
     a wicked dragonbone mace with blackfire spikes
     (Iron) (Glowing) (Humming) a spiked iron mace
     (Red Aura) (Humming) the double-bladed battleaxe named 'Scream of the Damned'
     (Glowing) a shirt of shining silver chain
( 3) a bloody skin
     a small raft
     (Glowing) a potion of return
     (Glowing) a mist coated, dual-bladed battleaxe
     a potion of return
     a metal canteen insulated in a wolf's pelt
     3 gold coins
     344 silver coins
     15 copper coins

***************************************  Goodbyes ******************************************

Role:

Ilythyrra's role was absurdly simple, per design, because as I continue to play this game I find that holding myself and/or character
to a ridiculously ambitious goal and/or concept from the get-go is usually my best and most effective way of failing miserably. I mean,
how can I compete with my expectations with the actual reality.

The role *could* be boiled down as simply as: Ily was a rich Elf from Darsylon. Now there's obviously more than that, but effectively that's
who and what she was. She was raised in a perhaps not high*est* born family, but close enough, and she was raised in a very sheltered
and rich way. Ultimately, she felt unfulfilled by this, and perhaps (if she were to tell it) a bit of a divine or unexplainable pull to leave and find
out what life was like outside the "safe" walls of Darsylon. I left out a part where she also had witnessed murders and blah blah from years in 
Darsylon from the many adventurers (us) who kill in that city and that was also a part of her drive etc.

That was essentially her humble beginnings. From there, she grew into an outwardly beautiful Elf. I don't always make my women characters 
pretty or attractive (See Eilela) but with such a simple role, I felt why fight the obvious. Most Elves are described as pretty and she was supposed
to be a relatively generic Elf so... Pretty it was. However, as she kept going I felt that it felt right to elaborate and perhaps even over-elaborate on
her beauty and grace because it just felt right given the path she was on, the places she had been as a very young (in ranks) Elf, and other factors
that she felt like diva level "resplendent" if you will. So one night I basically wrote the most elaborate description I could, without researching words 
and shit, that I could. And that was the description she had till the end.

Obviously there's a lot more, she had goals, plans, etc. But most didn't come to fruition. In the end, her role revolved more around the people in her
life, and their impact than most else. And that's Ilythyrra in a nutshell.

Transmuters:

Wow what a knowledge overload Ily was. I learned a metric fuckton about transmuters, Elf transmuters, malleability (which I had never before used) and
much much more that I won't even try to remember. Now. What have I learned? A few things. For one, transmuters are far less effective in a group fight,
particularly PK group fights than I imagined. Upon becoming Maran, I attempted to use tactics that had worked Very well for me in the past, but this time
with absolute disaster as a result. I'm not sure if it's only transmuters or particularly Elf transmuters. But suffice to say, that damage came so fast and
accurate (despite malleability) that it was often over before I had a chance to react.

However. In a one on one fight, I found I almost always had the upper hand. Transmuters have a lot of weapons in their arsenal other than neuro and disrupt.
I saw tremendous use and effect out of adrenal burst, decalcify, fumble had it's uses, and so forth. In many ways this was my first true attempt at a transmuter
(I did, in fact, have a Nexus Meter Svirf transmuter) but that was a completely different player than I am now, so...

All said and done, and to make what could be pages and pages much shorter, I was tremendously happy with the transmuter skillset, weaknesses, strengths, and
everything in between. I could write a few paragraphs on the luxury of duo dimension alone. I mean I was everywhere. All the time. No thief/assassin trip-traps, no 
snares, no none of that. Bliss. Also the ability to get up and do something without much worry of consequence. It's easy to stay productive and mud with a transmuter.

A couple things for those curious of my thoughts based on this experience. 1.) Biomorphic Warmage (the one that "enhances" mass slow/decalcify/soften/etc) is without
a doubt the worst edge I have ever selected in my CF career. By worst I mean most regrettable. It's not that it's expensive (about where evade was from my memory cost
wise. Maybe higher), it's not that it's Extremely niche, it's not that it isn't even guaranteed to work. The problem is that its all Three of those things combined. With the edge
it was still a dice roll on whether it would slow/soft/etc all of the intended targets. I'm not quite sure what I was expecting. The fault is my own. But WOW what a let-down. 
2.) Duo is awesome (Yes I mentioned it twice. It's that awesome). 3.)Petrify flesh is to be used SPARINGLY or not at all. 4.)Malleability, while seemingly the obvious choice for an
Elf (at least in my mind) actually is far far worse in many scenarios to corporeal hardening and calcify. That one was a costly lesson to learn. However, on the plus side of
malleability, it saved my life on several occasions in Pk. Dodging Hral-something's (Duergar sword spec in empire until somewhat recent delete) flurry like 4 times in a row 
actually made me laugh out loud. Obviously I could go on and on but that'll do for those who kept reading.

Religion/Azorinne:

Ok. I thought about how I might word this for a good bit today. And practically all of them were far more mean than I have any right to be. So I settled on giving two perspectives:

Ilythyrra: Ily COULD NOT gush more about Azorinne. Ily thought Azorinne was divinity incarnate. She chugged the cool-aid from first contact (stemming from her need to try
to understand a world other than Darsylon life) and she was good to go through and through. She never questioned. If things were going bad, Azorinne was with her and
would guide her to safety or happiness. If things were going well then "Azorinne be praised for She is blessing me". She lived her whole life, in my and her belief, staying
true to her Vow (despite some temptation and with Generous acknowledgment that I am anything but perfect) and her faith Never wavered for a second. Till the end. And I'm 
truly proud of her, in a way, for never breaking or falling out of her faith. Also a legit great backstory and shrine location. Ily and I both loved the 'vibe' of the religion.

Me (the player): I, on the other hand, felt bad for Ily. I felt like she had given her faith and her whole life to a being who (seemingly) had little faith in her. From a player/observer
perspective, for the vast majority of her life she was alone in the dark and left to make sense of a complex and truly interesting religion with a tome and a helpfile. I am owed nothing,
of course. But I would be remiss if I didn't defend Ily, at least some. Her blind faith has, if you can believe it, very very little to do with me. Disclaimer. I have no idea why I never
heard anything from Azorinne for 200 (I'm being generous) hours or so. Like, literally, I don't know because I never heard a peep. It's possible that something that actually matters
came up and she or he rightfully abandoned this fun and unproductive game. Which is why this is less a criticism of the religion or IMM, and more a retelling of my experience. (And please
don't come at me with the "hurrr you're just butthurt about rewards" nonsense. I wouldn't put 500 hours into characters for a treat every 400 hours or so. I play because I have fun
playing CF. That's it.

Short Goodbye's to a few standout players:

Erorm: You and I approach this game very very differently. I found some challenges with that. But ultimately, it didn't matter. Ily saw you as family. No matter the argument. No matter
good or bad, we were Going to work together, have fun, and make this work. Family has no other choice. :)

Ryfin: Wow. I cannot express how satisfying it is to work with someone who gets you. You got me. We worked together, often thinking the same things and employing the same
strategies. You knew what to do, often to my surprise and delight, without me saying anything. I'm going to miss randomly 'cry of deliverincing' to you whenever you stepped out
of hidden for more than a few seconds. It was a mini game to see if I could guess correctly. A few times I was right. Fun times. Fun times.

Bazz: What a true friend, buddy, ally, companion. A kind and enthusiastic ear at all times. Always down for a risky exploration adventure, or run into a dragon lair. You were one
of Ilythyrra's first friends, and whenever you logged in it was instantly more fun and energetic. You have that kind of good vibe. It's hard to be around you without being happy or
at least happier than before.

Abi-something (sorry sorry but the invoker in Maran): Thank you for your leadership, wisdom, and experience. You were a treasure to have on an adventure.

Aobe: Great great Marshall. You show through action that you genuinely care about your allies. It's palpable. Good luck. And I'm sorry Ily won't be there to help with getting you know what.

Coqui: I've known you over 3 or 4 characters, some of which in your cabal, and I feel I don't really know you. I don't mean that in a bad way. It's entirely possible, if not probable
that that's what you're going for. I like it. Very mysterious. Thank you for your advice and tips along the way. They meant a lot. And you're a great Captain. 

The 50 or so nameless paladins along the way: Thank you all for all you helped me with. You know who you are.

That's all for now. See you next time. Things are still fun out there. So much to do, so much to see. I never stop learning something new about the game. Good stuff.
Subject Author Views Posted

Ilythyrra is dead. Log, then goodbyes (haven't done this in a while)

K-B 270 October 15, 2023 04:09PM

Good job with Ily. More logs please! n/t

random 49 October 17, 2023 09:20PM

this was such an impactful character

jhyrbian 166 October 16, 2023 03:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024