Uigioiui deleted

February 22, 2017 08:55AM
A few good words:

Aside from a few good folks, there are a bunch of strange characters involved in this game, from players to the designers.

From the Fort to the Empire and back to the Villagers and everything in between, so many characters playing some kind of game maximization, where they try to maximize everything!

Some examples:

Aigi tries to build up his weapons religiously, at the expense of others - like Uig. There are many situations where if I had take initiative and chase instead of following Aigi around, hoping he can summon so that he can build weapons, I would have seal quite a few fights, except then he won't get the kill. The main idea of this story is build weapon > then kill enemies. Maximization.

Fortress dwarf already have a pair of rare dwarf only rings, still loot the rings from my corpse to compare with his. After I die trying to retrieve by myself against 3 or 4 5 or 6 of them. It looks so so sad, my rings are not the best, but even if it could add 1 more dam roll to what he already has, why bother? a dam roll is not gonna make it any stronger or weaker- and my rings are sub par than his. The main idea of this story is the shinier the rings, the better. Maximization.

Azmund the fortress warrior killed me at least twice while I sit afk. Twice. Of course he didn't know, that's what he said. Who cares if I sit idly right? a pk is a pk. An easy kill will pad his pk stats much faster. Then he goes and prematurely delete after losing his nice set. PK padding is what I see. I don't even remember my own PK records, much less anybody else.. why is there a need to pad the PK counts? I know I killed a few, died a few and that's about it. Most of all I don't really give a hoot about how many PKs others are able to get... the main idea of this story is that there are PK counts maximizing characters.

The Emperor, Kanlax, and a few other "fancy" characters likes to maximize protections before fights. Aura, stoneskin, poppies, protection, yellow roots, fly, etc... all of this is the bare minimum just before a fight, maximizing a chance to win the fight with............. 2 vs. 2. Once the fight is over...they are straight back to collect the prep. Aigi at one time ordered me to go kill Veran, get an aura prep, so that I can gang on Oxias. I laughed at his antics. I prep too, don't get me wrong, just because if I don't, they will 2 rounded me.. but I prep just enough to bring myself to the level of the enemies I am fighting. I am not going out of my way to maximize my chance of winning. The main idea of this is that there are characters that are religious about prepping.

There are also a few characters that take things that they can not use from your corpses just to do it. Perhaps hoping to make you weaker and weaker. These are the pathetic ones.. it's like if they can't beat you, they'll destroy you in anyway other way they can.. border-line psychotic is what I see.

In term of game design/mechanics, a big FU to the game designer who messes it up so bad that a prepared duergar warrior can not land an impale after many many tries on many many occasions on a fortress elf, on the village commander, or on the village drillmistress, or even on the chief orc, and yet able to land it quite easily on the newbies characters who... don't really needed that to land! You know how Fked up the game mechanics are when by the second or third missed impale I was writhing on the floor and ready to die - all prepped up - This happen quite a few times!

Tell me, who is the retard that coded this dex change? I like dagger specs but there is already too many dagger specs in leadership positions at the fortress, at the village, at the Empire, and if the scarabs have leaders, there would be a dagger spec there as well -the last one was a dagger spec! There is something quite wrong about this. Give the giants a chance a-hole, we want some diversity hahah. Also, I don't want to play assassins because there are too many of them already. I can't complain about dexy thieves because I have played one and they sucked. You know why they suck? because the game designer realized that thieves suck so bad that they have to keep the commerce edge points in tact because otherwise that would destroy the thieves class, not because they love you. I have been playing this game since the coders build giants into powerhouse class into this new age of elves/drows powerhouses. You know what is even worse? giving legacies as rewards to powerhouse builds. Only a pedophile would think that is logical and balanced.

Otherwise, good game :D

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2017 09:03AM by badboy.
Subject Author Views Posted

Uigioiui deleted

badboy 813 February 22, 2017 08:55AM

Re: Uigioiui deleted

wraith 572 February 23, 2017 07:10PM

Damn!

Lokith 504 February 22, 2017 04:19PM

I dug this char. nt

Isildur(VIP) 432 February 22, 2017 11:40AM

You were a lot of fun, but I have to say you too are guilty of this "maximizing" that you seem to very much dislike.

Frosty 508 February 22, 2017 10:53AM

Re: You were a lot of fun, but I have to say you too are guilty of this "maximizing" that you seem to very much dislike.

badboy 535 February 22, 2017 11:51AM

Fuck that's hilarious

Kstatida 476 February 22, 2017 12:06PM

LOL I had no idea, that's funny and kind of awesome. :) (n/t)

Frosty 417 February 22, 2017 11:55AM

players like me and you are 15 years past CF

The Forsaken(VIP) 517 February 22, 2017 10:40AM

Prep creep :(

NbM(VIP) 543 February 22, 2017 10:46AM

yah it is kind of crazy. my current char is pretty decked in a highly specialized way

The Forsaken(VIP) 522 February 22, 2017 10:50AM

One thing I liked about being hero scarab

daurwyn(VIP) 515 February 22, 2017 08:33PM

- or + 100? plus right? nt

The Forsaken(VIP) 427 February 23, 2017 04:06AM

+ 100

zannon 492 February 23, 2017 04:34AM

Yeah, I meant plus 100

daurwyn(VIP) 446 February 23, 2017 08:34AM

Wide copper pales in comparison to TOME!!!! NT

Sam 402 February 22, 2017 01:30PM

Yeah and you don't PK (n/t)

Kstatida 390 February 22, 2017 12:04PM

Well that was pleasant..

Telufial 515 February 22, 2017 09:44AM

I get it, so if someone doesn't play the way you do, they're bad.

Murphy 512 February 22, 2017 09:09AM

Holy shit this is a high level of irony here.

Frosty 481 February 22, 2017 10:55AM

Yeah but unlike me, he's completely serious. (n/t)

Murphy 418 February 22, 2017 03:49PM

Re: I get it, so if someone doesn't play the way you do, they're bad.

badboy 505 February 22, 2017 09:51AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 74
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022