zMUD Item DB into Queriable .csv

March 11, 2011 09:36AM
This is a little over half-finished, I think, but I'm open to suggestions on how to improve it. The basic idea is to turn the item DB on the Diku Wiki into a .csv that can be queried from in game. From there, I intend to use substitution triggers to display relevant item info (damroll, hitroll, hp value) to calculate a PC's supposed hitroll on the fly.

So far, this parses the db (saved as a .txt file on my machine) and returns about 1500 items mostly accurate. I just found out there's a section where space delimiters are replaced by tab delimiters in the item name box. I've made relatively few changes to the original db text (removed commas from the item name, added commas after a couple of stat fields to keep with uniformity). I haven't added columns for item damage dice or average damage and I'm trying to think of an effective way to give the item an item type (like sword, dagger, ring, body armor, etc)

I'll post just the code as a response to this topic. By the way, there's apparently quest info in the Diku item DB.

P.S. The only other requirement to use the code is to have a spreadsheet set up with the columns in the right order. The basic template of the spreadsheet is this - just a .csv file opened in Notepad with the following text:

Item_Name,Align,Level,Armor_Values,Sav_spell,Sav_breath,Sav_paralysis,Sav_mental,Damroll,Hitroll,Armor_Adjustment,HP,Mana,Moves,Strength,Dexterity,Constitution,Intelligence,Wisdom,Charisma,Material,Weight,Special_Flag,Special_Affect,Location

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2011 09:40AM by The Baron.
Subject Author Posted

zMUD Item DB into Queriable .csv

The Baron March 11, 2011 09:36AM

Just vbScript Code

The Baron March 11, 2011 09:37AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 5 November 04, 2022
Record Number of Guests: 358 August 31, 2022