My two cents:

December 14, 2014 08:25PM
There may be a business opportunity here for you to start your own call center as long as you don't have a no-competition clause in your contract. My dad always used to say that it's stupid as hell to be the frog in the road trying to stop a truck. If it's just going to blaze over you and not get fixed, but you'd get fired/screwed if you tried to fix it - then morally there's not really an issue here.

If you actually want to do something about it:

1. Set up a meeting with Company B CEO level, or someone who has his ear - and propose you managing a call center for them that doesn't have this problem (i.e. faking quality). You could take the top 30 employees with you for the same/better pay, and start a rival call center that the client knows has enough integrity to tell them shit's cray cray.

2. If you don't feel like you have the business acumen to make that happen, report them to the better business bureau multiple times and leave an anonymous tip to the company B CEO - You can almost always find their email somewhere if you dig.

3. Keep gaming the system - risk getting put in a position that's dangerous, but move up the ladder and make the changes to make the place right (i.e., fire the crappy people, and hire quality people at a better pay.). You're probably going to have better results if you over pay a little bit but get people who take the job seriously and aren't complete morons who are going to get you crap results.

Here's the biggest problem though - if your business really can't keep up with the customers demands on quality that means you have one of two problems from what I can see - either a) Your employees lack proper incentives for their job to be worth the effort of really trying to make the customer happy, or b) Your customer has expectations that are unrealistic for the work you're hired for.

In either case, management's job there is to find better incentives by talking to employees and getting real feedback, or setting proper customer expectations for contracts in the first place.
Subject Author Posted

Integrity in the workplace

silvian December 13, 2014 11:32AM

Felt bad about blacking out. Read it. I see no reason lying would be ethically wrong in this case.

madglee December 27, 2014 07:27PM

I blacked out at "call center," my fault. (n/t)

madglee December 27, 2014 07:17PM

Sounds normal

Quas December 15, 2014 08:18AM

Company B sounds foolish.

wrathpuppet December 13, 2014 03:40PM

Is this your only client?

Artificial December 13, 2014 11:45AM

No, but 1 of 6 that equates to 80% of the business

silvian December 13, 2014 11:56AM

My two cents:

(vಠ_ಠ)> AngryFatKid December 14, 2014 08:25PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 69
Record Number of Users: 3 May 21, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024