So I got this great new job in management...

February 26, 2015 07:50PM
Or so I thought.

During interviews, I was hired to report to our director, and be a second manager for the shift leading a few engineers. I go in to meet the team, and the other manager instantly starts trying to dick measure, which I politely distance myself from - I'm the new guy after all. He tells me I'm going to be reporting to him now, not the director who I was hired to work under.

This guy actually pitched such a fit to the director that they were hiring another manager that the director caved and changed the heirarchy to appease him - so now I report to dick measurer (Hereafter referred to as Dicko). The director tells Dicko to decide who's going to report to me instead of him now - so now I have Dicko in the position where he can give me all the shitty employees to manage, and I report to him. This is OPPOSED to what the actual VP wanted to happen - which was to hire me as a second manager because Dicko wasn't doing his job.

I'm at the point where I'm no longer excited about my new job, and officially have no more fucks to give - they're paying me the same whether or not I'm proactive, and have already implied very heavily that I will *not* be the autonomous management entity that I was hired to be. So now I'm in a position where I have to ingratiate myself to a dick measuring failure - and if I make him look bad by being a better manager, he's in the position to punish me for success that might upstage him, or set me up for failure if he decides he doesn't want the challenge.

So much for the promise of "no politics" they bragged about. :P
Subject Author Posted

So I got this great new job in management...

(vಠ_ಠ)> AngryFatKid February 26, 2015 07:50PM

You have to treat it like prison. You should have put him down the second he stepped up.

Rhyaldrin February 26, 2015 09:09PM

Now you have to wait for Angelina Jolie to reveal to you that you have special powers.

BattleCharmed February 27, 2015 11:11AM

Agreed. (n/t)

Artificial February 26, 2015 09:12PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 3 May 21, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024