Just want people's opinions on something: Using the word "lynch" is racist, yes or no?

Sam
January 11, 2008 01:26PM
I ask, because I got been verbally attacked by a black person at some bar once because I used the word.

Personally, I'm fucking sick of racist-ass black people thinking that they are 'not racist' and everyone else is. It fucking drives me crazy, because I'm pretty positive most black people could care less about the phrase as long as the context wasn't 'Let's lynch this nigger'. My comment: 'If Bill Cowher doesn't win this playoff, he'll be lucky if he doesn't get lynched.' What happened? I had to endure about 10 minutes of hateful speech and verbal attacks from two of the black patrons at the bar. Why? Because no one in America will tell these people to shut the fuck up. How did it end? With me telling the people in question to shut the fuck up because A) As far as I know, white people have been lynched too. In fact, more of them have died by hanging than black people. How do I know this? BECAUSE THERE ISN'T THAT MANY BLACK PEOPLE IN THE US. That's why they are a minority. You see getting bent out of shape anytime a black person uses the word "war" or "holocaust", since last time I checked, a metric-ass ton more white people died in wars and in the holocaust than black people. B) Unlike this story, [sports.espn.go.com], I wasn't even talking about a black person. So now I can't use the word lynch now? When the fuck did this happen? It's like the 'Call a spade a spade' comment. Shit, I never even knew spade was a deragotory word used to describe black people until I got shit on for using the comment. I was talking about the farming tool. Take the fucking word in the context it's used in, for Christ's sake. And finally, C) Listen, I know America was horribly racist towards most of its' Black population for much of our history. Reading about the Slave trade, Jim Crow laws, etc makes me fucking sick to my stomach. But that wasn't me. These days, if I took a cross-section of people I know, there would be just as many black racists as white. But you never here about the Black racists, because everyone is too fucking afraid to call them on that shit. Like this fucking story, [www.nationalreview.com]. READ THE FUCKING DEFINITION OF THE MOTHERFUCKING WORD! Oh, so now I can sue any restraurant when I go into it if they ask if I want crackers? WTF. I hate our PC world. Rant over.
Subject Author Posted

Just want people's opinions on something: Using the word "lynch" is racist, yes or no?

Sam January 11, 2008 01:26PM

Some numbers of unknown veracity

ExPaladin(VIP) January 12, 2008 03:18AM

Are these murders by lynching? Because I'm talking about hanging deaths as well.

Sam January 12, 2008 04:53PM

Probably all "murders" by hanging but not any sanctioned executions

ExPaladin(VIP) January 13, 2008 03:01AM

It's an evocative word.

ExPaladin(VIP) January 12, 2008 02:59AM

Not racist but a poor choice of words. nt.

Hobotora January 11, 2008 10:31PM

Huh. It was a perfectly acceptable use of words. Retards just breed faster n/t

Graham January 12, 2008 10:36AM

Careful. You might upset Korky. nt.

Hobotora January 12, 2008 12:53PM

Re: Just want people's opinions on something: Using the word "lynch" is racist, yes or no?

Bryan January 11, 2008 08:32PM

We use the word all the time.

Pro January 11, 2008 07:21PM

Its the name of a US city dude. n/t

Derexal January 11, 2008 06:43PM

Isn't it also a pin?

Derexal January 11, 2008 06:44PM

The logic, it burns, burns!!!! Oh what a world! n/t

Guy January 13, 2008 05:23PM

Not racist but I would say it's a loaded word n/t

Lokain January 11, 2008 06:25PM

No, lynch is not a racist word

daurwyn(VIP) January 11, 2008 03:26PM

No, I hear you.

Krilcov January 11, 2008 02:54PM

My opinion - no.

The Forsaken(VIP) January 11, 2008 02:33PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 125
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 231 May 03, 2024