Call me crazy....... (politics)

February 07, 2008 04:56AM
But....I can see a scenario happening....where those on the left who are politically savvy would vote for Mccain, and those on the right who are politically savvy would vote for Hillary.

Similar to R. Limbaugh's theory*....but significantly different.

*(His theory, was that IF he thought that the economy would tank with either McCain or Hillary, he'd rather have the Democrats take the blame, than the republicans)

Here's how I got there.

Let's call a spade a spade. McCain is a liberal. From open borders, to raising taxes, to closing Gitmo, to Environmental legislation that the Right believes would destroy the economy, to McCain Feingold which can be argued as an assault on political free speech......he has made a career of siding with democrats and yelling at and cursing out conservatives who disagreed with him.

*IF*...and this is a big if......the democrats do *NOT* get 60% of the house and Senate....That means that they would need SOME republican backing to get a liberal agenda passed.

If there is a republican president, the liberal republicans in the house and senate would completely back any of the leftist ideas...because McCain would sign them...and they could just say they were following their republican president's lead.

If there is a Democrat president, especially Hillary.....the republicans in the house and the senate would politically be FORCED to fight against anything she would propose or support.

So, I see the politically savvy, of both parties, jumping party lines to vote....depending on whether you want liberal policies passed, or are opposed to liberal policies being passed.

Of course, this is only for those who are honest enough to have political convictions either left or right...and not for those who are just "PARTY PARTY PARTY" who think the most important thing is the "D" or the "R" after the name and to hell with the actual political philosophy....and lets all be honest, there are alot of those people out there.
Subject Author Posted

Call me crazy....... (politics)

odrirg February 07, 2008 04:56AM

Interesting idea...

Lokain February 07, 2008 02:15PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 36
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024