What I have learned so far

June 16, 2008 11:38AM
There is way way more downtime than Travian. You pretty much only need to change things 1 time per day, and really you can forget about it for several days if need be, but there is also lots of stuff you can do if you want to and have the time. The new season just started...there are 20 games spread over 40 days, and there have only been 2 so far, so if you get created today you will be in by the third game of the season. You can also carry over into new seasons, so your player keeps growing, can get new contracts, and move around until you retire them.

You start out with what are called flex dollars, and they are a little like travian gold. You use flex dollars to buy the creation of your players, and can also use them to buy a peiace of custom equipment, or boost your player to give them a coupld of temp levels.

The glamour positions cost extra flex dollars to create, such as a QB, RB, or WR. I think you start with 600, and one of these take 300, but an OT would take 100. I created a QB and an OT.

There are some FAQs that give you more details, but you start out rolling your stats, a lot like CF used tobe on rolling where if you do it long enough you can get them exactly the way you want to. For example, my QB is going to be a running QB, so I was looking mainly for speed, vision, and throwing. Throwaway stats for him are kicking, blocking, tackling, etc. so the main thing I did was look to see how low those stats could be rolled, and found that the total was always 149. I ended up getting the 4 throway stats at 8, and the points fell pretty well into the others so I had a fast QB that could still throw rather well. After that, there are 15 points to use to raise skills more, or put unti abilities.

I read that you mostly want to put around 4 skill increases for every 1 put into an ability. I did 1 ability to 14 skills for my QB, and for the OT I did more like 50/50.

The only things to monitor are your daily training, and then checking how the games went. Games are played 1 time every two days, and this is where you get exp to level up, which gets you some base skill increases, as well as 5 points to spend. For the most part, the amount of plays you play determine how much experience you get at first, so stamina is pretty important for defence, but it isn't something you want to dump everything into. In the D league, they spread the playing time out pretty evenly, so it isn't a huge deal if you aren't first string, but you don't want to be part of a 4-5 man rotation either since all of them will get snaps. The first games for my two players got me over halfway to level 2, and with some more skills, I should start to see that go up even more as I do productive things.

When you create, you are a free agent, and will have a few offers fromt he CPU ran teams in the developmental league. I have my QB in one and the OT in the other...there are about 15 leagues all with a full regiment of teams, so the odds of getting to pick the same teams as your other players or another person you know are pretty slim unless you want to burn a few days waiting for contracts. The contracts are offered newly every day.

you start out with enough money to buy a pieace of equipment for each slot to raise stats with, you can use that to boost the skills, and they can be upgraded with a lot more money as you level up.

Since the maintenance is pretty low, I found that it was pretty cool to look at other players that make thier stats visible, or going into previous games and looking at the game log or seeing a recreation of each play.

You can buy flex points with real money, or you can get them from referrals. The link I provided is a referral for my account, and you are capped on how many you can get in a season from referrals. If I get max points from referrals, I'll be sure to let everyone know here so they can spread the love to someone else. They also watch for cheaters of this system.

If I think of more, I'll be sure to post it.
Subject Author Posted

A little like Travian, but with football

Habbs June 14, 2008 11:08AM

What I have learned so far

Habbs June 16, 2008 11:38AM

Ohh, I forgot

Habbs June 16, 2008 11:43AM

Guess a link might help..

Habbs June 14, 2008 11:09AM

Re: Guess a link might help..

TehSnarf(VIP) June 16, 2008 10:13AM

Looks kinda nifty..

Java June 15, 2008 11:14AM

Re: Looks kinda nifty..

Habbs June 16, 2008 11:19AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 113
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 231 May 03, 2024