Sean Malstrom

July 05, 2008 09:50PM
Did you read any of the stuff that the site you linked in turn linked? Just pointing out its a good read, though long, very informative on the subject of disruption in business. It's author apprently is Sean Malstrom or some such.

Niche is definitly the right word for CF, but as so many have been 'quitting' I have seen many, many newbies around and about lately. I play all hours, at random, and see them all the time. Most noticably because they ask OOC questions that any vet or higher-than-newbie-lower-than-vet(me) would already know. As summer sees people leaving I think its the main time when the crowd is attracted that breeds long time players (young to mid teenagers, below working age). We are still free and we still offer immersion beyond any other medium imho.

Just saying I don't think we will be dead in the next year or two and this month and the next two or three is prime time to be a little lenient in your teaching of newbies.

Of course, thats totally biased on my own experience as I started mudding around 12-14 and not in college like most of you seem to have.
Subject Author Posted

This directly relates to CF

Scrimbul July 03, 2008 02:35PM

Sean Malstrom

Matrik July 05, 2008 09:50PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 258 May 03, 2024