Re: Why did you guys give it up?

November 26, 2008 06:25PM
In my opinion, there were several things working against it:

1) The core combat system just wasn't fun. And since you spend a majority of your time fighting in a MMO, that's bad. I'm not why exactly it felt so bland and boring. Maybe a lack of meaningful options for each class in any given situation? Maybe the 1.5 second global cooldown on every skill in the game? Maybe the pacing? Whatever reason, it was just unexciting. Maybe I was spoiled by Guild Wars.

2) Takes too long to find the instanced PvP 'scenario' matches. The 'open RvR' was very hit-or-miss. I'm not a huge fan of PvE, so this was a killer blow for me.

3) Takes too long to level up. This probably wouldn't be as big a deal if it weren't for #1 and #2 on my list. If the combat itself isn't fun, and the PvP isn't fun, then the only other appeal for me in games like this is trying out different builds and experimenting with stuff. Doesn't work so well when it takes forever to level.

Don't feel bad though, a friend of mine who is a huge Warhammer fan (he's got hundreds of figurines, used to compete in Warhammer tournaments, etc) quit after a few weeks of playing. And it looks like we're not the only ones. Check out the declining numbers over on XFIRE. Sure, it's not scientific, but shows a pretty steady decline in the # of hours played and that's not a good sign.
Subject Author Posted

Anybody on warhammer online?

qurdind November 25, 2008 06:37PM

Quit about a month ago. (n/t)

PaulO November 25, 2008 08:26PM

I stopped after beta. n/t

torak November 26, 2008 07:57AM

Why did you guys give it up? As a warhammer fan i'm tempted n/t

Graham November 26, 2008 06:05PM

Re: Why did you guys give it up?

PaulO November 26, 2008 06:25PM

Can't remember where I read it..

torak November 28, 2008 11:29AM

Were you on the Destruction side?

cointreau November 26, 2008 07:17PM

Order on Skull Throne.

PaulO November 26, 2008 08:01PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 178 May 01, 2024