Here you go.

April 09, 2012 05:27AM
‘(b) Private Sector Use of Cybersecurity Systems and Sharing of Cyber Threat Information-

‘(1) IN GENERAL-

‘(A) CYBERSECURITY PROVIDERS- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a cybersecurity provider, with the express consent of a protected entity for which such cybersecurity provider is providing goods or services for cybersecurity purposes, may, for cybersecurity purposes(the purpose of safeguarding a system or network from misappropriation of government information)--
‘(i) use cybersecurity systems (a system employed to safeguard a system or network from misappropriation of government information) to identify and obtain cyber threat information to protect the rights and property of such protected entity; and
‘(ii) share such cyber threat information with any other entity designated by such protected entity, including, if specifically designated, the Federal Government.

‘(5) CYBERSECURITY SYSTEM- The term ‘cybersecurity system’ means a system designed or employed to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, or availability of, or safeguard, a system or network, including protecting a system or network from--
‘(A) efforts to degrade, disrupt, or destroy such system or network; or
‘(B) theft or misappropriation of private or government information, intellectual property, or personally identifiable information

This definition is for you, Java, since it kind of sounds like you think it means theft.

MISAPPROPRIATION- n. the intentional, illegal use of the property or funds of another person for one's own use or other unauthorized purpose

*edit* - reading "use cybersecurity systems to identify and obtain cyber threat information to protect the rights and property of such protected entity" to mean obtain as in take, like taking something off a blog or whatever, is a stretch. I'm fully aware. It's a stretch I think they intend do to how the bill is worded. Taken another way, they may as well be saying, "a home owner, for the purpose of protecting his life and property, can use a gun to shoot into the air to alert the police of a robber.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2012 06:24AM by MiyagiYojimbo.
Subject Author Posted

Article: "CISPA is not SOPA and here's why"

Splntrd April 08, 2012 06:52PM

This is why I think CISPA can be SOPA

MiyagiYojimbo April 09, 2012 03:15AM

All you did was list a definition.

Java April 09, 2012 03:18AM

Here you go.

MiyagiYojimbo April 09, 2012 05:27AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 151
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 161 April 28, 2024