And random commentary

October 16, 2008 06:06AM
Jaguar - Was really disappointed when I got this one. Its primary asset, the ability to camo, was not exactly useful to me, since EVERY FORM I HAVE can camo, due to my being an outlander. Averages 4 mangle-demos a round, decent dodging ability, bite causes bleeding. Ambush is supposed to be good, but its merely a mediocre skill. Very rarely will you be in a situation where you'll want the one round of lag before the ambush hits. You are often better off typing murder for three normal attacks - three demos versus one unblockable annihilate. Ambush is a little better, but often the lag on camo isn't worth it. I'd take an extra round or two of surprise anyday.

Caiman - The awesomest second-tier form ever. Regeneration, damage reduction, scaly hide. Two attacks or so per round, goes from dismember-massacre each hit. Can't dodge any attacks for crap, but the ability to regenerate and the chance to deflect trip or whatever if you are attacked while ranking is invaluable. I was using this form instead of the snow badger. Heck, I was tanking with this form up to level 43 or so. Kind of overpowered, I think, but on the other hand, water shifters need the love. Water primaries are going to be ranking alone a lot, I think. Far superior to the jackal. Only issue? Its kind of slow off water.

Giant Lobster - Well, I was disappointed. At first glance it isn't half-bad. Damage reduction. Amphibious. Shell which can bounce melee skills. Pincer! Holy crap sir, pincer! Averages two demos a round, maybe three. I found it a better explorer form than a pk form. It is godawful slow on land, even though its amphibious. Jaguar has bigger damage output and is harder to defend against. Its significantly less defensive on land. Best when used with ganking.

Most of the time in one on one fights one is fighting with his offensive form and abs, hoping to overwhelm them with damage before switching to the less damaging lobster form and pincering to stop the flee. Catching them after they have fled requires a different form, the lobster movement lag is too nasty on land. I tried to avoid using it in fights, so the shapeshift pinch combo at the last second would come as a surprise and hopefully end the guy. I would stay as a jaguar unless I was certain that a pinch would make the difference.

Still, though, it really wasn't too much of a threat unless there was a ganksquad with it. I can't see anyone dying to a solo lobster. Sure, if he made a bunch of mistakes and overspammed bash or something that might happen, but in that situation he died more to his own mistakes, not to any particular skillful move on the lobster's part. Maybe a villager fighting a/b/sed lobster on water or something.
Subject Author Posted

Destim's Form Info (Forgot to post here)

vortex_magus October 16, 2008 06:04AM

And random commentary

vortex_magus October 16, 2008 06:06AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 129
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024