For the record..

January 12, 2011 06:37PM
I don't hate the VIPs. I kind of despise one of them. Maybe two. Most I like though, and I respect the hard work they put in (particularly Dur, who seems to work his ass off here for some reason). I was just saying you should have rules because, well, you should.

Of course you can say "We'll ban who we want, when we want. If you don't like it, leave." But then, no one wants to post on a forum where they have no idea what they can or can't say, or when they might possibly get banned. People WILL go elsewhere, if that was actually the case.

Luckily, it isn't. There ARE rules on these forums, just as there are on almost EVERY message board on the internet. It's just the rules here are very poorly written, and hard to enforce fairly. All I suggest is for the VIPs to be on the same page with what is and isn't against the rules, and for the posters on these forums to be made aware of what the standards are.

As you said yourself, Nivek has rules of his own that other VIPs don't enforce. So.. if I say something racist, will I get banned? DurNominator might think it's ok. But then Yhorian might ban me. There shouldn't be accounting for VIPs' personalities in dictating what is and isn't allowed to be posted.

This is your website. You can tell us what we can and can't talk about. If we don't like it, we can leave. But saying "If we ban you, that means it isn't allowed" is a little bit extreme and is easily avoidable. The goal of the VIPs should be to make this forum as accessible and enjoyable for all of the people posting on it, correct? If that's the case, what is the harm in making it clear what is and isn't allowed?

Kostyan is a good example of why it's needed. People will always be able to point and say "But he's doing something you just said was wrong!". If all VIPs enforce the same way, then this ceases to be an issue, and ceases to be a disruption on the forum.
Subject Author Posted

Clarification of some rules...if you hate the VIPs read this..txt

Gabe(VIP) January 12, 2011 08:09AM

Should we update Rule 3?

DurNominator January 17, 2011 11:29AM

For the record..

Java January 12, 2011 06:37PM

Well...txt

Gabe(VIP) January 12, 2011 07:29PM

Except..

Java January 12, 2011 11:34PM

Don't want your post deleted? Don't post flames. It's that simple.

DurNominator January 13, 2011 01:49AM

Can I be Finn? NT

Batman January 12, 2011 12:33PM

No, no silly. I'm Doc Holliday, you be Wyatt Earp. (n/t)

Matrik January 12, 2011 12:54PM

I'll be your huckleberry. (n/t)

Matrik January 12, 2011 11:57AM

Your guess is wrong. Give me VIP status for a month.

kostyan January 12, 2011 11:42AM

I think I would rather let NbM try. (n/t)

Gabe(VIP) January 12, 2011 11:54AM

Now would be a good moment to put the rest of the sidebar txt files into the Wiki.

DurNominator January 13, 2011 07:38AM

Bravo Mr. Burgundy, bravo. (n/t)

NbM January 12, 2011 08:18AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 140
Record Number of Users: 1 April 26, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024