I don't generally spot people I know about.

October 03, 2014 12:25AM
There are also very few people I'm biased against in the forums. I also don't tend to recognize people in the game as forum users. I don't recall my character ever being outed in the forums either. So I don't really have an informed answer to this. Some players do change their behaviour based on who they think the player is, so there is a reason for rule 4 to be there.

If you treat people differently based on who is playing the character, then your own RP is going to suck when interacting with the character. That's not a good thing. So if you treat people differently based on what you think of their assumed player, that would explain people's polarized views about the quality of your RP which I've seen in the past. Everyone is better off if you give people a chance and judge the character only based on what you see in the game. If the game experience is positive, the relations with their forum persona might also improve after the characters croak. That said, you are generally better off not knowing who plays who. Although not everyone is affected by the knowledge, your experience is likely to be more immersive if you don't know the player of the other character.
Subject Author Posted

VIP Poll -Imm/Player Speculation

Rogue October 02, 2014 09:09AM

I don't generally spot people I know about.

DurNominator(VIP) October 03, 2014 12:25AM

For me, personally, I treat every character equally. Doesn't matter who the player is. Unless they are from Pittsburgh. Then, there can be only one.

Sam October 02, 2014 06:17PM

There might actually only be one at this point (n/t)

HairyOrangutan October 03, 2014 04:23AM

Not personally

daurwyn(VIP) October 02, 2014 11:27AM

Not a VIP...but...

Death_Claw October 02, 2014 10:14AM

I get more annoyed by the false assumptions players make, rather than the true ones.

sevriis October 02, 2014 10:09AM

Yep. n/t

jalim October 02, 2014 09:16AM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 134
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024