Sure

November 12, 2015 07:20PM
The trifecta of pain aside (Hell, Silent tower, Shadow Plane)....there are plenty of good places to explore.

The siege encampment is difficult with lots of stuff to see and find there. There is an in quest puzzle you do solely with observation so anyone that looks around enough can figure it out. Going to be hard to solo.

I haven't prodded around there too much myself but Verathi's new area south of seantryn modan that replaced Haradan woods is supposed to be excellent. Lots of hidden nooks, crannies, and places to map out there. Also, there is a very puzzlish trap part of it supposedly that I want to go mess with at some point.

If you are in the level ranges of 30-35 you can check out the sub hero explore area that replaced the sirines northeast of seantryn modan. Its extremely difficult fight wise and puzzle wise, its cost more than a few people con points.

Lost elven vaults is a fairly easy place to explore, with a moderate level of difficulty if you are hero and a few dangerous traps, but nothing insane imo. If you haven't explored there, go explore there alone, you may enjoy it.

Not so much for puzzles and whatnot here, but Whistlewood has some very, very cool lore laying around if you like to read in area stuff like that and get a feel for why an area is why it is.

Octogonal tower is fairly straightforward, with a lot of cool, cool in area lore to it. Other than finding some keys that some obvious mobs around the area drop, its basically a smash and grab with difficult fights.

If you don't know the trothon riddles, and haven't been there, those are really fun to try and learn on your own.

Surprisingly, Hamsah Mutazz has some really cool lore, in area secrets, and quests. A fun place to snoop around.

If you can get a group, Dragon lairs are a fairly straight forward smash and grab. Also with a group, Dragon tower ruins is sort of the same but with some hidden passageways and containers and stuff, slightly more explorey than the dragon lairs.

Aran'Gird is a fun zone, has an extra area attached to it that is its own sub area of mineshafts. Mostly a smash and grab, with a maze and a hidden mob.

The aboleths can be fun to figure out, dangerous so I would take at least a friend or two. A very cool in area dragon freeing quest there.

There is a lot more, but that should keep you busy for quite a while. Feel free to message me if you want me to rummage up more areas I think would be challenging for exploring.
Subject Author Posted

Ideas for exploration

Josh November 12, 2015 06:42PM

Re: Ideas for exploration

Isildur(VIP) November 13, 2015 06:11PM

Josh November 13, 2015 05:41PM

My thoughts

daurwyn(VIP) November 13, 2015 07:55AM

Bemus-ed November 12, 2015 07:35PM

I would change some of the fun factors.

Sam November 12, 2015 08:45PM

Sure

Gaplemo November 12, 2015 07:20PM

Loch Grymnear

Ilvaniel November 13, 2015 05:32AM

Definitely one of my top 3 favorites. (n/t)

wrathpuppet November 13, 2015 05:49AM

Oryx Steppes is awesome FWIW. NT

Sam November 12, 2015 08:48PM

Recently ran around here looking for exp/obs

torak(VIP) November 13, 2015 08:38AM

Yeah, no OP preps/gear there but tons of great descriptions, atmospheric descriptions and such. Really really cool area. NT

Sam November 13, 2015 04:39PM

Hamsah Mu'Tazz and Dis are my two favorite cities in the game = equal in my eye

Demtok November 12, 2015 07:53PM

Hamsah lost the Library when the last age came to be right?

Rodriguez November 12, 2015 11:22PM

There are some research capabilities in Hamsah's Library now - I think I remember looking up some Sultan info (n/t)

Demtok November 13, 2015 06:41AM

Demtok: "Hey Scarab...should I swallow or spit?". HEH :) NT

Sam November 12, 2015 08:49PM

What is the process exactly for getting into the Shadow Plane? Is it literally like OOC email scarab like people say? (n/t)

zen November 13, 2015 01:08PM

On the contrary

daurwyn(VIP) November 14, 2015 02:44AM

Then he only told his cabal and the 3 members are purposely hoarding the info so only they can go :P

Gaplemo November 15, 2015 12:02AM

Pretend to be a battered woman. Send pics. n/t

jalim November 13, 2015 01:29PM

I feel like you're the Keeper of Fucked Up History for CF - your memes are so old (n/t)

torak(VIP) November 13, 2015 01:42PM

Do you think cheerleading will make him forgive all your emails?

jalim November 13, 2015 01:45PM

Sam you really need to buff out that giant chip you have on your shoulder. HEHEHEHE:):):):):)

Frosty November 13, 2015 05:24AM

I just want to hear Andy sing the Graatch song while I ruffle his hair. At least I can admit it, unlike Demtok. NT

Sam November 13, 2015 06:15PM

The song is an old thing already, but the MP3 of it still remains. (n/t)

DurNominator(VIP) November 15, 2015 12:22PM

Sorry, I couldn't talk with a mouthful (n/t)

Demtok November 13, 2015 06:53PM

Yeah, down with this homophobia! (n/t)