lowbie pk spoon

January 14, 2016 11:59AM
So I had a pk match today. Fire lvl 19 vs human assassin lvl 25. Assassin was dual-wielding swords, which my char knows. I was wielding flail/mace which assassin doesn't know. There's obviously a 6 level advantage to the assassin. I only know parry, there's no dodging (not that it would help).

The first fight lasted about 4 rounds, I had to flee. He was hit twice, I was a punching bag.
Second fight, I haven't scratched the guy once and I lost in about 4 rounds.

Give me some low-level PK spoon: I don't mind that I couldn't parry a lot (weapons are still low, although parry is near perfect). I mind that he dodged all of the weapons (and parried a lot) the weapons that he doens't know.

Somewhere I heard that levels in pk don't matter for parry/dodge/weapons checks. Is this true?
Or do levels actually matter big time in PK?
AFAIK, levels matter in that the opponent will be more skilled because he had more time to train skills and will have more HP.

Are dexy classes really that much better in defenses, even against weapons they don't know? Is this only symptomatic of low-level pk and at hero levels the field is a bit more balanced?

Anyone have any input on this? Am I wrong in my assumptions? Because it sure as fuck is depressing to not hit the guy once with the weapons he doesn't even know.
Subject Author Posted

lowbie pk spoon

Carrock January 14, 2016 11:59AM

You'll be better once you spec

daurwyn(VIP) January 14, 2016 12:43PM

Fighting an assassin is a lot like fighting a striking warrior.

Quixotic January 14, 2016 12:38PM

I literally remember killing Shaapa's assassin in 1 pincer and 1 bash with my Fire Axe Spec Zerker. Ah, 2007. The memories. NT

Sam January 14, 2016 10:55PM

Re: I literally remember killing Shaapa's assassin in 1 pincer and 1 bash with my Fire Axe Spec Zerker. Ah, 2007. The memories. NT

Carrock January 15, 2016 05:00AM

If I am level sitting...

jalim January 14, 2016 12:28PM

Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 92
Record Number of Users: 2 April 29, 2024
Record Number of Guests: 172 April 28, 2024